Zurevo, Draxxin, Zactran, or ? when you get Serious

Help Support CattleToday:

Zactran is my first choice. Get just as good of results as draxxin and cost 20% less per dose. If didn't get calf pulled quick enough and is really sick, will give full dose of zactran plus 2cc/100 baytril. Baytril works fast and zactran is long lasting. Seems new generic baytril works as well as original.

With just nuflor/resflor or baytril have rarely had good outcome with only 1 dose. If didn't give second dose 2-3 days later usually wound up with relapse that either died or became chronic. Been my experience that 1 dose zactran/draxxin= 2 doses nuflor/baytril. The 1 dose of draxxin/baytril is cheaper than 2 doses of nuflor/baytril and less stress on both animal and myself in giving just 1 dose vs 2 doses.

I use a lot of draxxin, zuprevo, Nuflor gold, baytril and zactran. When I have cattle caught I give Nuflor gold and will sometimes give banimine with it. If I give something precautionary it's usually baytril. Draxxin is very good to keep around because it's good for respiratory problems, but also the best thing in my opinion for foot rot and pinkeye. For strictly treating BRD I like zuprevo the best right now, I've also been using some zactran, but I give a lot of shots with a dart gun and the 2ml per hundred dose with it keeps me using the draxxin and zuprevo more than anything else. Another thing I can tell you is if you've got something in bad shape and you give it draxxin it can work really good to give a shot of baytril at the same time, they work well together.,

Aaron":7zl3o7hv said:
I would go with Resflor Gold as well. Save yourself some coin at the same time.
With the 6ml per hundred dose, resflor gold is the most expensive for me to give, and it seems like for some reason I've had better luck giving Nuflor gold and giving the banimine separate.

denvermartinfarms":3lju8a0j said:
Aaron":3lju8a0j said:
With the 6ml per hundred dose, resflor gold is the most expensive for me to give, and it seems like for some reason I've had better luck giving Nuflor gold and giving the banimine separate.

I very rarely have animals get sick, maybe one problem a year, usually none. So it makes more sense for me to buy a bottle of Resflor Gold and either overdose or give two doses, using up the smallest bottle I can get - versus very expensive Draxxin and throwing 60% out because it is opened and not used in time.

If you have a lot of sicks and can justify the more expensive drugs, then I guess go for it. I hate to just throw money in the trash.

Aaron":2ssmmyhu said:
denvermartinfarms":2ssmmyhu said:
Aaron":2ssmmyhu said:

I very rarely have animals get sick, maybe one problem a year, usually none. So it makes more sense for me to buy a bottle of Resflor Gold and either overdose or give two doses, using up the smallest bottle I can get - versus very expensive Draxxin and throwing 60% out because it is opened and not used in time.

If you have a lot of sicks and can justify the more expensive drugs, then I guess go for it. I hate to just throw money in the trash.
I completely agree in your case.

All......... please use drugs at their appropriate labeled dosage. Especially Baytril, which is one of the few Rx antibiotics with a strict "not for extra-label use" warning. Every time you use a drug at a lower dosage you are selecting for antibiotic resistance - and giving our opponents fodder for their "ban all antibiotics in food animals" platform. Use them correctly or use a different drug.

Latest posts