Your Loving New Pet

Help Support CattleToday:

Don;t see anything wrong with either one, but I do prefer the first one a little more then the second

Friend of mine has a 15 year old pitt bull.. awesome dog.. takes care of all the farm's babies.. chicks, kittens, lambs, calves and piggies.. he licks them, sleeps with them and keeps them warm, and knows who's a 'good guy' and barks at strangers... They aren't my kind of dog (I'm not much of a dog person), but this one was raised well and is really cool

True Grit Farms":qezninew said:
We have a pit bull and we wouldn't trade her, by far our best dog so far. The problem is the owner not the dog. Where's your sign.
I wish more people would realize that it isn;t the breed. Same goes for Rotts

Back when I was doing telephone work I was never once bitten or even scared of a pit bull. Usually it was the other breeds people think of as nice dogs. The ankle biters were the worst.

Definitely the owners!!
When I was a kid, my best friend had a Doberman.. awesome dog
other best friend had a rottie, I didn't like him as much, but he was just fine

I don't much like German Shepherds though, even though I have known some really excellent ones

I understand there can be good and bad pit bulls, but that one, especially the way the eyes looked in the camera shot, looked like bad news to me. I guess I have not yet met one of the friendly ones. We have been having some issues with my neighbor's pit bull mixes. He lets them run loose and they have cornered us three times and it got hairy. Finally went to have a little talk with him a month ago, and haven't seen them running loose (at least on my property) since.
Then again, some of those little yappy dogs can be the worst and most prone to bite. Granted, they can't bite higher than your ankle, but still....

Ok, now that I've offended all the pit bull fans and small yappy dogs fans..
:lol2: :hide:

I know a lot of people don't like to hear it, but sometimes it's the dog. I had a springer spaniel turn bad on me of all things, and I can assure you he was never treated badly. I don't for one second think those types of dogs are meaner or bite more people than others, but when they do it's usually a much more serious issue. That's the problem. They don't nip, and they don't bite just once. And in nearly every single attack incident, the dog had "never shown any aggression". I don't think they're inherently bad animals, but to just say "it's the owners fault" every time is being naive or not wanting to admit the truth.

This breed should be eradicated. A guy that works for animal control told me that over 90% of locally reported bites are from pit bull or pit bull mixes. Another friend in the insurance business says that many companies won't insure homes with pit bulls.

Lazy M":2bg9bhpz said:
This breed should be eradicated. A guy that works for animal control told me that over 90% of locally reported bites are from pit bull or pit bull mixes. Another friend in the insurance business says that many companies won't insure homes with pit bulls.

Probably so, but it you eradicate the nuisance pit bulls and the people that own them, the overcrowding in the prison system would be nonexistent. Don't leave out Cocker Spaniels, and Catahoula's there the most aggressive dog breeds. IMO Any dog or especially any pack of dogs running loose can cause major problems.

Stopped by a farm house over christmas to ask about duck hunting. Dogs acted just fine when I got out of the truck, even petted the one. Folks weren't home, turned around to get off the porch and the little yap master wouldn't let me down. Then he got his bigger mutt friend to join in, took me a while to get back to the truck. Turns out if the dog isn't mine I still dont' have much use for them, can't trust any of them no matter the breed.

Lazy M":i01gsc0c said:
Good idea, let stupidity rule!

dun":3t8wf50f said:
Lazy M":3t8wf50f said:
Any less stupid then owning a pistol that you know could randomly go off at any time?

From what I have heard, pit bulls are bred to fight other dogs. I have been around a few and they all seemed good natured to me, but most dog attacks are on little children. Since a child is small the dog will see it as an adversary (another dog) and attack them. How many pit bull attacks on adults do you hear about? seems to usually be children when I hear about them.

When I used to live in a neighborhood, there were several different breeds of dogs who would rarely bother adults, but let a kid walk by and they go nuts. Those dogs need some lead poisoning.

Jake":38qxy7hr said:
Stopped by a farm house over christmas to ask about duck hunting. Dogs acted just fine when I got out of the truck, even petted the one. Folks weren't home, turned around to get off the porch and the little yap master wouldn't let me down. Then he got his bigger mutt friend to join in, took me a while to get back to the truck. Turns out if the dog isn't mine I still dont' have much use for them, can't trust any of them no matter the breed.

Let's ban high capacity magazines ,Matches, and deep water while were at it.

Lazy M":2gk06zsa said:
dun":2gk06zsa said:
Lazy M":2gk06zsa said:
Any less stupid then owning a pistol that you know could randomly go off at any time?
I don't think that the govt should ban these dogs, I think that people should choose not to have them.