Your idea about France

Help Support CattleToday:

It's a beautiful country. I know my wife sure loves Paris and I can't blame her. Have seen some great farms and countryside in France as well.

Ol' 243":1495gotr said:
Nesikep":1495gotr said:
Ol' 243":1495gotr said:
Oh boy . . . . . . . . .my idea of France (whether right or wrong), is you would be speaking German if it weren't for the blood of American soldiers, I hope you and your fellow countrymen appreciate that, I'm afraid most don't.
There were a lot of nations involved there.. Canada for one was rather important.

Hahahahaha . . . . . .what was I thinkin'?
We should have just stayed home and sent ya'll over there to kick Hitler's a$$.
In terms of PERCENT of population, the contribution was almost the same for the US and Canada when talking about fighting men.
Canada and the rest of the British Empire at the time made enormous contributions to staving of Germany and turning the tide. There is no doubt that the might of a huge, fresh and well equipped US military was the knockout blow that ensured the war in Europe was certain to be won and years sooner than if the slow bleed kept pace that occurred after the UK won the battle of Britain making certain that Operation Sealion would not take place.
The most staggering contribution most likely when considering the US really is the industrial output that allowed the allies to fight the war.
As an example, the vast majority of the German Military was actually on the Eastern Front fighting the Russians. Lend Lease from the US though equipped the Russians who accounted for 80% of all the casualties inflicted on Germany in the war.
To learn the history of the enormous undertakings of US industry and the fashion in which it was handled and the timeline that saw projects completed truly boggles the mind.

Ol' 243":1grt4f0c said:
Nesikep":1grt4f0c said:
Ol' 243":1grt4f0c said:
Oh boy . . . . . . . . .my idea of France (whether right or wrong), is you would be speaking German if it weren't for the blood of American soldiers, I hope you and your fellow countrymen appreciate that, I'm afraid most don't.
There were a lot of nations involved there.. Canada for one was rather important.

Hahahahaha . . . . . .what was I thinkin'?
We should have just stayed home and sent ya'll over there to kick Hitler's a$$.

It took Pearl Harbor for you get involved :roll:

This debate is turning bad guys...
I just wanted to know which stereotypes you know about France, just to laugh!

But you're free to talk about what u want...

French Anne":93kqvj29 said:
This debate is turning bad guys...
I just wanted to know which stereotypes you know about France, just to laugh!

But you're free to talk about what u want...

This happens a lot here on CATTLE TODAY, a few guys that are very passionate about their feelings and are not afraid to repeatedly express them. They don't realize or don't care that not everyone feels the same and that a cattle forum is not the place to repeatedly bring up such things. I love my country as much as anyone and as I stated earlie I have family members who died in France, also Korea and Veit Nam, but I don't hold others responsible for their fathers sins....... And very happy to say neither does my brother in law and very good friend who is 3/4 Blackfoot Indian. I'm white and my family has lived in America since the early 1600's, it's very possible my family members did unkind things to the American Indian. Yet some seem to hold hard feelings for many decades.

If I had to describe US from Our French point of view I would say those words:
Hamburger, obesity, ranch, Donald Trump, Irak, war, ranch, bad food, fast food, celebrity, MC donalds

French Anne":3ke8tbl4 said:
If I had to describe US from Our French point of view I would say those words:
Hamburger, obesity, ranch, Donald Trump, Irak, war, ranch, bad food, fast food, celebrity, MC donalds

All true excesses in different areas of the country and I doubt many here have any problem with any of that being pointed out.
Some of us here, aren't much on political correctness no matter which direction the criticism flows.

Just for the record tho, there are over 1200 McDos in France.
http://www.thelocal.fr/20150703/why-do- ... ds-so-much
Probably because of the French fries. :lol2:

I Know, there is McDonald's everywhere in France !
But those words are just stereotypes we have, I laugh about it

I have never been to France and have no desire to go, either. I think the French people should show a little more respect for the US after saving your butts from Hitler. Lots of US service men buried at Normandy who died liberating France. So having said all the negative things I can think of I would also like to say how sorry and upset I am over your recent terrorist attack. Maybe YOU should get upset and DO something about it (on your own).

lavacarancher":24ci3pa4 said:
I have never been to France and have no desire to go, either. I think the French people should show a little more respect for the US after saving your butts from Hitler. Lots of US service men buried at Normandy who died liberating France. So having said all the negative things I can think of I would also like to say how sorry and upset I am over your recent terrorist attack. Maybe YOU should get upset and DO something about it (on your own).

Oh and Anne... :welcome: To the board about cattle! (That's sarcasm just to be clear)

Alan":2qdwtqc4 said:
lavacarancher":2qdwtqc4 said:

Oh and Anne... :welcome: To the board about cattle! (That's sarcasm just to be clear)

Opinions were sought by Anne and I voiced my opinion. I am not asking anyone to try to explain or interrupt what I said or, for that matter, censor or try to limit my speech. I simply said that if the whole world got upset over terrorist activities and acted accordingly maybe there would be less need for the US to be the world cop.

lavacarancher":2w2pmxpu said:
Alan":2w2pmxpu said:
lavacarancher":2w2pmxpu said:

Opinions were sought by Anne and I voiced my opinion. I am not asking anyone to try to explain or interrupt what I said or, for that matter, censor or try to limit my speech. I simply said that if the whole world got upset over terrorist activities and acted accordingly maybe there would be less need for the US to be the world cop.

My point is how the he!! is Anne responsible for the actions of France or the U.S. That caused or happened during or before WW2? Give her a break, she's been here a few weeks and has 30 some post, mostly about cattle...... What a novel idea, posting about cattle on a cattle board!

I need to add that my previous post that my comments were not directed just at lava, it's this type of comment in general from a few folks to a new poster trying to get to know a cattle board.

lavacarancher":2ai3gzx8 said:
I figure you read about this somewhere or maybe they mentioned it in school. Apparently they forgot to mention France's part in the Revolutionary War.

Pardon me in advance, but this post will be on a cattle board, in a section of said board that is not exclusively devoted to cattle, under a thread that has nothing to do with cattle. Sure seems to be an awful lot of hypocrisy and self-righteousness being slung out there on this thread. "Hello pot. Meet keetle."

Welcome to the big ol dysfunctional family of CT Anne. There are hypocrits, know it alls, grumps, gramps, self appointed mods, 'historians', bullies, victims,and just plain smarta$$es(most of us are a combination of some of these). But, what's best is, if you're ever in a pinch about cattle, well,some of those same pepole know an awful dang lot about them and will help you in a second.

I think you're going to fit right in (no insult intended). Enjoy.

Alan":36xul7cz said:
My point is how the he!! is Anne responsible for the actions of France or the U.S.
I read back thru all the posts. I did not see anyone say or even infer that Anne is personally or otherwise responsible for any event in France, past or present.
The question was "Your idea about France" (?)
It was not "Your idea about me" (?) and was not answered in that manner.

In spite of the recent move to always be politically correct, I personally don't put a cutoff dateline on my, my family's or country's 'successes or failures'--we own both as part of our history ..in perpetuity.

greybeard":25oh9vce said:
Alan":25oh9vce said:
My point is how the he!! is Anne responsible for the actions of France or the U.S.
I read back thru all the posts. I did not see anyone say or even infer that Anne is personally or otherwise responsible for any event in France, past or present.
The question was "Your idea about France" (?)
It was not "Your idea about me" (?) and was not answered in that manner.

In spite of the recent move to always be politically correct, I personally don't put a cutoff dateline on my, my family's or country's 'successes or failures'--we own both as part of our history ..in perpetuity.

GB, I consider you a friend and will not go toe to toe with you on this, we have exchanged several PM's in the past and hope to continue with that relationship. With that said you and I greatly disagree on this issue. I know for a fact that Anne's intent was not to dig up 70 or 80 year old history with this post, but to generate some civil, humorous conversation. Remember Anne has a around 40 post so far and does not know some of the drum beaters here. I'm sure when Anne asked for us "Americans" thoughts on France she did not expect the "thank us that you don't speak German" bullshyt.

Now for me and my feeling on this, I have seen way too many good cattlemen willing to share great information leave CT because of this BS. I have seen way too many newbies ran off because others did not agree with their initial responses without giving them a chance to learn. As Bball said we have self appointed mods, I no doubt fall into this category, not that I want to, but I get tired of the same group of members pounding the god dammmm Drum ever chance they get, doesn't matter if they get asked to take it to ranchers, doesn't matter if they get banned, they just keep pounding their drum which is not what CT is about.... According to the rules and my opinion. Where's 3way? Where's campground? Where's txag? Where's knernsie......... Etc. but you guys keep pounding your drum, because you won't stop even if you have been banned from the site and reincarnated, asked to stop or take it else where.

Let's talk about wounded knee, small pox blankets or kidnapping Africans for free labor. And no I'm no I'm not close to being a liberal, I saying look in the mirror before you guys get self righteous.

Latest posts