Beefy

Reaction score
Liriodendron tulipifera
Picture_643.jpg
[/u]

~
Beefy,

You make me crazy.

We still have ice on the ponds here and you show this beautiful photo.

Good job.

In a few weeks I will be showing you calf photos and flowering trees.. I hope.

What else you got bloming there ?

Do you have Dogwood trees?

growing up we called those tulip poplars. I remember one being out by the hog pen, of all places.

Cowcop, our dogwoods are gettin' it right now. Redbuds in full bloom, crabapples too. Shoot, Beefy's so far ahead of us that he's probably seeing the colors change for fall. ;-)

~
We still have fall leaves falling off of trees---beach trees.
Winter isnt officially gone here until June 1st. Or until you take your snow tires off, May 30th.

Do pecan trees have a blooming flower ?
I hear so much about pecan trees, but dont know anything about them.

We are limited in blooming trees up here because of the intense weather. However, we got maple trees to beat the band. And the BEST maple syrup.

When I was down in the Gulf I was amazed at how severely Katrina damaged bushes, vines, trees and flowering plants were coming back and blooming. A flash of color in toxic grey neighborhoods.

dogwoods and azaleas bloomed here last month. a few stragglers still but not many. got some hydrangeas fixing to bloom, its darn near summer.

Gosh, hydrangeas around here are just now coming back up from the old parts of the bush or up out of the ground. The azaleas are just getting started good.

took a trip out to a local nursery today- where i worked in high school and college - it was jam-packed with people buying their bedding plants and ferns...with this long(er) winter we had, people are anxious to get their stuff planted.

Re building the catch pen this morning. Had to stop, with the daughters, and pick some blackberries. It's already getting close to the 90's here during the day.

Nice pic Beefy

Scout":wb4a115j said:
took a trip out to a local nursery today- where i worked in high school and college - it was jam-packed with people buying their bedding plants and ferns...with this long(er) winter we had, people are anxious to get their stuff planted.

Scout, I mean no offense but would you mind hushing? :oops: Planting this time of year up here is a crap shoot - we had a bad frost on the 28th of May last year and on the 7th of June the year before - no, I'm not kidding. I don't miss the heat and humidity (well, maybe a little - it could sure make calluses disappear fast) of Georgia, but I sure do miss the growing season, the tulip magnolias, the dogwoods, oh and the capability of growing jasmine and gardenia! ;-)

i cant imagine anyone not being able to grow yellow jasmine. jsut pull some up and throw it on the asphalt and watch it take off.

Beefy":1ody30rm said:
i cant imagine anyone not being able to grow yellow jasmine. jsut pull some up and throw it on the asphalt and watch it take off.

Jasmine is an indoor plant up here. Our winters get too cold and they will kill the plant. Unfortunately, jasmine and my allergies just don't get along well in the house.

Cow Cop, to answer your question about pecan trees; no they do not bloom.
Have one in the front of my house and one in back both about 3ft through at the butt. Big ol paper shell pecans. Everytime I walk through the yard in the fall have to stop and join the squirells and eat a few.

Love to eat them but too many will give you the back door trots. :lol:

Cal

msscamp":3vph93o4 said:
Scout":3vph93o4 said:

Scout, I mean no offense but would you mind hushing? :oops: Planting this time of year up here is a crap shoot - we had a bad frost on the 28th of May last year and on the 7th of June the year before - no, I'm not kidding. I don't miss the heat and humidity (well, maybe a little - it could sure make calluses disappear fast) of Georgia, but I sure do miss the growing season, the tulip magnolias, the dogwoods, oh and the capability of growing jasmine and gardenia! ;-)

It's amazing to me - i guess I've just never thought about how different our weather is.

msscamp, in case it might help- i saw some gardenias there at the nursery - for us, they're more of an inside plant, too. You can leave it outside when it really warms up. Okay. No more about planting flowers! (tell cypress to hush about those blackberries! That's late summer for us!) ;-)

Calman":1hfw0tnf said:
Cow Cop, to answer your question about pecan trees; no they do not bloom.
Have one in the front of my house and one in back both about 3ft through at the butt. Big ol paper shell pecans. Everytime I walk through the yard in the fall have to stop and join the squirells and eat a few.

Love to eat them but too many will give you the back door trots. :lol:

Cal

Thank you for that very visual information Calman. :)

Appreciate it.

You all are sure fortunate to have such good growing weather.

Scout":1jsbhvwq said:
It's amazing to me - i guess I've just never thought about how different our weather is.

msscamp, in case it might help- i saw some gardenias there at the nursery - for us, they're more of an inside plant, too. You can leave it outside when it really warms up. Okay. No more about planting flowers! (tell cypress to hush about those blackberries! That's late summer for us!) ;-)

You're fine - I'm just jealous and teasing you. The differences in weather and growing seasons from place to place is really amazing and very interesting. I found gardenia's at the nurseries up here a year or so back, I was thrilled right up until I found out they had to be in the house during the winter. I had confederate jasmine planted outside my kitchen window in Georgia, it smelled heavenly when the breeze carried the scent into the open windows! :) :)

Down here the pecan tree is the last tree to bud out in the spring. They say you can't fool the pecan tree, when it buds out you know winter is over.

Latest posts