Wuhan coronavirus is in the US............

Help Support CattleToday:

ga.prime said:
You'd think everybody had a surplus of guns and ammo after the last run on guns and ammo. Guns and ammo manufactures loving this BS.

I haven't bought one round in this debacle. If I need more plenty of supplies to go with the dies.

Yes, vegans dispensing false, misleading, disinformed, no experience advice. One today was advocating the use of mullein leaves as a toilet paper substitute. Someone wiser subsequently mentioned the peach fuzz coating on mullein leaves might not be to everyones liking.

With a lot of local policies, inconsistent application of these policies, spring travel, limited testing - -we are going to create more hot spots. Hard to see how it will subside quickly. So I think we will be more like Italy than China or South Korea. Denial - whack a mole - get serious - shelter in place - pray

I am going to town tomorrow to buy filters, seed, and fencing material.

Some wild stories out there.

One from my son in St. Paul - - a co worker of his loaded the wife, 7 home schooled children, and his guns, into the van and headed for a compound in Idaho. He wanted to get there before travel is locked down. Not sure if he is coming back.

One from my brother up north - - his small town municipal liqueur store can't keep beer in stock. "Work from home" folks from the city have opened up their lake cabins and are very thirsty. How much beer are you allowed to drink during work from home hours?

Beer is only 4-6% alchohol and it takes 60% to kill the virus so 10-15 to maintain health, add a few for safety and to keep from freezing while ice fishing in your self quarantined office. That is how you do Minnesota math!

callmefence said:
ga.prime said:
callmefence said:
College students...the cream of the crop.

Simple manipulation. Not a real sample.

Lol...I bet they had to do hours of editing....

It probably took a lot of editing to focus on the ones actually willing to express it like that, but from the crowd shown on some beaches, there are probably a lot who agree with them.

In my little community we had social distancing down to a science long before this virus came along. This is about as good a location to live in during a pandemic as one can find. I count 9 houses in "town" that are spread over about half a mile. The post office serves 130 people. That is every man, woman and child within a 20 mile radius. For me headed east it is 5 miles to the post office (the center of "town"). Between here and there there is 4 houses with a total 7 people. Headed west it is 15 miles to the next person. There is no direct road going north or south. Both of those directions it is 30 miles as the crow flies to anything. Going straight those ways would be grueling trip horse back. To drive a car to those locations would be 60 or 80 mile trip.

Dave said:
In my little community we had social distancing down to a science long before this virus came along. This is about as good a location to live in during a pandemic as one can find. I count 9 houses in "town" that are spread over about half a mile. The post office serves 130 people. That is every man, woman and child within a 20 mile radius. For me headed east it is 5 miles to the post office (the center of "town"). Between here and there there is 4 houses with a total 7 people. Headed west it is 15 miles to the next person. There is no direct road going north or south. Both of those directions it is 30 miles as the crow flies to anything. Going straight those ways would be grueling trip horse back. To drive a car to those locations would be 60 or 80 mile trip.
Sounds like Gods country. You have a pretty place as I remember the mountain behind your house was beautiful from pictures you posted.

Made a supply run yesterday. Most things were in stock but there were a lot of signs for "Limit 1". Our grocery was out of chicken, but had hamburger - - Limit 1. I have never seen folks so happy about buying burger. Appeared to be a surplus of prime rib...

Meat processing plants are bracing for worker shortages. Hard to see how they can keep the chain speed up during a quarantine... Are fats backing up yet?

The New York mayor was on babbling about how the US Army needs to step in, and that Trump is a disloyal NY citizen. The mayor sounded like an idiot.

Seems like you are screwed unless you get it early while there are still hospital beds open?

I was in Walmart a couple days ago and they had a few bags of TP they had just put out. An employee was standing in front of it. I passed three times and the employee was standing there the whole time. THey were probably instructed to not say anything to a hoarder, but make it more brazing for one to load it all up.

Latest posts