Wuhan coronavirus is in the US............

Help Support CattleToday:

The above numbers do not justify the hysteria. The stock market is crashing. Lockdowns and shutdowns will cause job loss. Restaurants and other businesses being forced to shut down will cause some businesses to go out of business and folks will lose their job. How will the enormous amount of money the government is planning on spending going to be paid for? There is talk of eliminating the payroll tax (social security and medicare). These programs are already financially distressed.

99% of people who get the virus recover. Younger people don't appear to be affected much. The elderly and folks with existing chronic illnesses are the most at risk.

Panic buying and hysteria are consuming some folks. A neighbor down the road said he bought some ammo today in getting prepared for, if and when someone starts killing and taking a side of beef off of his place.

The news media talks this up and their ratings and ad income are up. Maybe if I watched CNN, MSNBC, or read the Washington Post and the New York Times and some of the other media with the hype, I might be in a state of paranoia also. Common sense seems to be lacking. This is nothing new: if your sick do not go out, when you do go out wash your hands, don't open the door to the restaurant and then pick your nose.

Don't see a need for folks telling us how bad this is. We can't do anything about it, but have a little common sense. The continued rhetoric of how bad this is only adds to the hysteria. We know how bad it is, because every time we turn the news on, this is all they are talking about. The point of this diatribe is why not refrain from the panic and hysteria mongering.

ccr said:

The above numbers do not justify the hysteria. The stock market is crashing. Lockdowns and shutdowns will cause job loss. Restaurants and other businesses being forced to shut down will cause some businesses to go out of business and folks will lose their job. How will the enormous amount of money the government is planning on spending going to be paid for? There is talk of eliminating the payroll tax (social security and medicare). These programs are already financially distressed.

99% of people who get the virus recover. Younger people don't appear to be affected much. The elderly and folks with existing chronic illnesses are the most at risk.

Panic buying and hysteria are consuming some folks. A neighbor down the road said he bought some ammo today in getting prepared for, if and when someone starts killing and taking a side of beef off of his place.

The news media talks this up and their ratings and ad income are up. Maybe if I watched CNN, MSNBC, or read the Washington Post and the New York Times and some of the other media with the hype, I might be in a state of paranoia also. Common sense seems to be lacking. This is nothing new: if your sick do not go out, when you do go out wash your hands, don't open the door to the restaurant and then pick your nose.

Don't see a need for folks telling us how bad this is. We can't do anything about it, but have a little common sense. The continued rhetoric of how bad this is only adds to the hysteria. We know how bad it is, because every time we turn the news on, this is all they are talking about. The point of this diatribe is why not refrain from the panic and hysteria mongering.

We will have a new generation of boomers in about nine months.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/2020/03/16/ex-wisconsin-star-ethan-happ-back-italy-self-quarantine-coronavirus/5056346002/

Here's a nice interview with an American who was playing professional basketball in Italy until coming home last week. He's seen their outbreak firsthand, and doesn't have good things to say:

The hospitals are at such a capacity all throughout Italy, but especially in the towns around me. If a young person such as myself came in with the virus, and an older person came in, say 65, or 70, at such a capacity they would only treat me. And they would tell the older person to go home. They were literally choosing who was going to get treatment because of the rates that elderly people are dying at, versus the rate of recovery for younger people.

Americans that haven't witnessed what I saw in Italy, and what you see going around on the internet, people think it's just the flu. Coronavirus travels so much faster than the flu. It's kind of an ignorance.

If scaring people is what it takes to make them stay home, then we need to scare people.

Don't see a need for folks telling us how bad this is. We can't do anything about it, but have a little common sense. The continued rhetoric of how bad this is only adds to the hysteria. We know how bad it is, because every time we turn the news on, this is all they are talking about.
Interesting, considering the best medical minds in the world don't yet know "how bad this is" or how bad it may get. Perhaps you are more knowledgeable regarding this new virus than they are?
(recovery rate is actually around 96.6%, not 99%, which I suppose is still all well and good for some unless it is you or a loved one that falls in the current 3.4% mortality rate.)

Americans that haven't witnessed what I saw in Italy, and what you see going around on the internet, people think it's just the flu. Coronavirus travels so much faster than the flu. It's kind of an ignorance.
Oh, it's more than just a "kind of ignorance". It's a special stupid kind. It's 2020, the information age, but a lot of people Choose to remain ignorant, uninformed and more importantly, misinformed.

The big problem is unlike influenza there is zero resistance to it so if it gets going people will be dieing in the streets. They need to contain it as much as possible until effective treatments are found. They have stated here if there is a flood of patients only young healthy people will be treated, any one with medical conditions or elderly will be sent home to die. The death rate will soar simply because they can't be treated. There is reason to be very concerned at this point. I think you are going to see some very sad pictures coming out of poor countries in the next couple of months.

Tom Hanks and wife are going home after 5 days in the hospital.........

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/celebrity/tom-hanks-rita-wilson-have-left-hospital-in-australia-5-days-after-revealing-coronavirus-diagnoses/ar-BB11gKDj?li=BBnbfcL

ccr said:

Maybe if I watched CNN, MSNBC, or read the Washington Post and the New York Times and some of the other media with the hype, I might be in a state of paranoia also. Common sense seems to be lacking. This is nothing new: if your sick do not go out, when you do go out wash your hands, don't open the door to the restaurant and then pick your nose.

So, where should I be getting my information, from experts on CattleToday? How did you formulate your philosophy about the situation, by looking at that chart? It's strange that the experts don't have a grasp on this, but apparently a lot of people who aren't physicians have it figured out. I will admit that common sense is lacking, but that usually lacks in most things among people. Some people don't have enough sense to stay in when they're sick unless they are practically paralyzed. They can't let a little thing like coronavirus keep them from "living life." Personally, I'll be glad when it's all over so I can go back to opening doors to restaurants and then picking my nose. That's what I miss the most. :lol2:

This is prime time in the north for free lunches and door prizes at spring ag selling events. Canceled. :cry2:

This is the start of serious equipment prep. Dealers are asking you to call for parts and schedule a service truck to repair on your site.

Very light runs at the sales barns except for dairy cull cows. They are not closed, yet.

Minnesota bars were closed on St. Patrick's day. Scandinavians are always looking for a way to undermine Irish fun...

Ice fishing is good! No corona on the lake.

Here are some intellectuals discussing the situation.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa4i9Ap6dCg[/media]

greybeard said:
Don't see a need for folks telling us how bad this is. We can't do anything about it, but have a little common sense. The continued rhetoric of how bad this is only adds to the hysteria. We know how bad it is, because every time we turn the news on, this is all they are talking about.
Interesting, considering the best medical minds in the world don't yet know "how bad this is" or how bad it may get. Perhaps you are more knowledgeable regarding this new virus than they are?
(recovery rate is actually around 96.6%, not 99%, which I suppose is still all well and good for some unless it is you or a loved one that falls in the current 3.4% mortality rate.)

Oh, it's more than just a "kind of ignorance". It's a special stupid kind. It's 2020, the information age, but a lot of people Choose to remain ignorant, uninformed and more importantly, misinformed.

So I decided I better do my research on this outbreak I keep hearing about. So I watched a documentary on it last night on Netflix. When folks get infected they go into a zombie like state . And iF they see are hear you , they'll come at you and try to bite you. If you get bit you'll come down with it and go out looking for people to bite. Easy to see how it spreads so bad. You can cut one of these folks in half with a 12 gauge and they keep on coming.. you gotta get to em in the head. It don't take much if you get em in the head. Looked like even a screwdriver will work. One ol boy was doing pretty good with a crossbow, but he looked to be rougher than most. .....I'm thinking a Ruger 10/22 with high capacity mags is how I'm gonna setup....good luck.

callmefence So I decided I better do my research on this outbreak I keep hearing about. So I watched a documentary on it last night on Netflix. When folks get infected they go into a zombie like state . And iF they see are hear you said:
and they wonder why there is a run on guns and ammo

callmefence said:
greybeard said:

So I decided I better do my research on this outbreak I keep hearing about. So I watched a documentary on it last night on Netflix. When folks get infected they go into a zombie like state . And iF they see are hear you , they'll come at you and try to bite you. If you get bit you'll come down with it and go out looking for people to bite. Easy to see how it spreads so bad. You can cut one of these folks in half with a 12 gauge and they keep on coming.. you gotta get to em in the head. It don't take much if you get em in the head. Looked like even a screwdriver will work. One ol boy was doing pretty good with a crossbow, but he looked to be rougher than most. .....I'm thinking a Ruger 10/22 with high capacity mags is how I'm gonna setup....good luck.
:lol: :lol:

Stocker Steve said:
callmefence So I decided I better do my research on this outbreak I keep hearing about. So I watched a documentary on it last night on Netflix. When folks get infected they go into a zombie like state . And iF they see are hear you said:
and they wonder why there is a run on guns and ammo

I am in the 22 camp as well as the 223.

You'd think everybody had a surplus of guns and ammo after the last run on guns and ammo. Guns and ammo manufactures loving this BS.

Latest posts