Wrapped first hay bales of the season today (pic)

Help Support CattleToday:

I've got straw bales with netwrap on them. They are sitting outside in a snowbank. Been putting them out all through the winter and have yet to have problems getting the net off.

SR, that looks just as good or better than what I have stored under the hay shed. Seems you have it together except maybe for a cab on that good looking tractor.

novaman":2rxk68mk said:
I've got straw bales with netwrap on them. They are sitting outside in a snowbank. Been putting them out all through the winter and have yet to have problems getting the net off.

I'm in ND right now. It seems there is a fair amount of ice here although if yours were far enough under the heavy snow before the thaw and refreeze maybe they were insulated.

Before wrapping bales ice would form through the netwrap and outer layer of hay so I would have to throw away a couple inches of hay to keep from feeding the netwrap. Ice, not snow, is my problem.

Jim

Cabo":307e5j2v said:
SR, that looks just as good or better than what I have stored under the hay shed. Seems you have it together except maybe for a cab on that good looking tractor.

The white color on the bales is a little bit of frost which was under the plastic but otherwise the bales look almost like when I wrapped them.

On the tractor cab - there have been days recently when a warm cab would have been welcome.

However I use this tractor in the woods and a glassed in cab just does not work for me in the woods. Glass would be shattered regularly.

I'm on and off it a lot even just feeding bales. Layers of clothes, coveralls and ear muffs/protection are usually enough "cab". Besides you appreciate the warm wood fire more when you are done...

It is a really simple, useful and handy size tractor. Too bad they don't build them like this any more.

Jim

Latest posts