Would you pay?

Help Support CattleToday:

*Cowgirl*":wztovlw9 said:
It is terrible examples such as these two bulls which give an incorrect impression of a breed (whichever breed it is that will refuse to castrate this kind of crap), and of a breeder, who might as well go to town and sell shoes than try to make a living as a beef breeder! Other breeders, Universities, Experiment Stations, in fact, every phase of intelligent beef breeding and marketing protocols and management practices can talk, teach, instruct, plea, beg, threaten, insult and ridicule breeders who will utilize this kind of a bull and expect to make money from a beef program, and they may as well talk to a pile of manure outside their barns for all the good it does. It screams lack of knowledge and lack of pride on the part of a breeder who would even think of using a "Cow Freshener" bull like either one of these two!

Look at them very carefully! Remember what they look like - and BURN their images in your mind so that you never consider even thinking about considering using that kind of junk to sour the beef cattle industry!

DOC HARRIS

Obviously their confirmation speaks to the ability of the owner to select decent animals, but what gets me even more, is the body condition. I don't have much use for someone who would run an animal down like these 2 bulls, then try and peddle them to someone else. Notice how thin they look even in their necks and faces? I'd say these boys have been trying to breed far too many, for far too long, with far too few groceries.

Victoria":3uyiio67 said:
Maybe they are just really bad pictures??!! :shock: :roll:
- They certainly ARE! You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear! The subject matter is the problem - not the quality of the pictures.

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS":3c5f722e said:
Victoria":3c5f722e said:
Maybe they are just really bad pictures??!! :shock: :roll:
- They certainly ARE! You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear! The subject matter is the problem - not the quality of the pictures.

DOC HARRIS

I know, bad joke. ;-) They are sad looking animals, from any angle.
The pictures are poorly taken though too. Maybe they are wishful hoping people will think it is just the angle...

Gee I didn't realize I have a $5000 bull. Looking at those pics and prices then for sure I got a $5 grand bull based on his price for that dog food meat.

I don't mean to knock someone on their livestock since my herd is crossbred but I don't just let any tom, dick, or joe rest their chins on the butts of my gals!!!!

Those things would be ground up into hamburger before they ever came close to my place and I would make all of my in-laws and folk on my wifes side when I give em 50 pounds of burger each for Xmas.

Ya think the guy really believes they are good bulls or is he "sucker fishing" for a fool. I hate to see the rest of his stock if he used them to cover anything.

Oh well they are his cattle so he can do what he wants with them and I guess everyone doesn't care about the idea of improving your stock.

What does it matter...they're "Black Angus" right! 95% of people with little cattle knowledge would look at these 2 animals and say they look great with only the information that they are Angus. Some call it marketing, some call it deception.

sometimes it is hard to judge a picture but....these make it a little easier. i don't like either. too late to steer. sell 'em, at the barn for burger

I especially like the part that says "must see to appreciate".

How much better could they possibly look in person?

Saw better at the sale barn today.
Looks like a lack of grass to me. Not much to eat, so they got thin. Need to get them in and on some good feed. Then send them down the road.

This isn't even the worst ad on that website. Another fella has 4 calves for sale 2 charlet and 3 angus.

3waycross":3u1fs244 said:
This isn't even the worst ad on that website. Another fella has 4 calves for sale 2 charlet and 3 angus.
:shock: - - -4 calves for sale, 2 charlet (??) and 3 Angus? 2 + 3 = 4??

DOC HARRIS

OK Jeanne":6knjaxfu said:
Well, maybe they had/have really great EPDs. :)

:lol: :lol: Yeah, with the right EPD's you could sell a bunch of straws and make a mint. And they are registered to boot. What they are lacking in rump they made up in head size and tail length. :lol:

Latest posts