Wolf Raffle

Help Support CattleToday:

Nice rifle. Plus that's a good way to draw attention to a viable cause.

A lot of the local hunters (myself included) have noticed what seems to be a decrease in the local deer population, along with an increase in coyote sighting/evidence over the past few years. This is the first year that I can ever remember not killing a fawn during the first cutting, usually get about 5 each year. I can only imagine what an influx of wolves would do.

Best of luck. And let us know how it shoots.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: I love it and hope your sheriff gets re-elected next term. I think he understands the will of the people and would administer justice accordingly.

Earlier this year the county commissioners in that county passed a state of emergency for the county based on the damage the wolves are doing. It doesn't hold any water with the US Fish and Wildlife or the federal courts but I am sure it will help the commissioners get re-elected.
I am pretty sure there is a very active SSS season going on in wolf country.

I wonder if any of the wolves have collars on or if they've been implanted with chips? The collar would be easy enough to dispose of but the chip would be another matter.

What is actually happening is not shoot and shovel. It is shoot in a manner that is not immeadiately fatal. A dead wolf five miles from here that the bullet passed clear through....... no witnesses. It is pretty tough to prove who did it. The shut up rule still applies.

I always figured that if I ever shot something with a collar on it, I'd just ride down to the local truck stop and toss the collar on the back of a flatbed.

I always figured the best place to put a dead wolf was in the back of a northbound empty Canadian cattle truck. You know just sending him back to his homeland for a decent burial.

We here all the rhetoric here in our state where we have a pretty decent wolf population. Every deer hunter who doesn't get a deer blames wolves rather than being lazy, fat, and just a poor hunter. In a bad winter it is common to loose half a million deer just to winter kill, the wolf take is pretty small comparatively. Across alot of white-tail range the population is declining from many factors besides predation, i.e., extending anterlerless seasons and a down turn in the logging industry have had a big effect in my state at reducing the deer population. In alot of the areas reverting to old growth the moose population has grown despite increases in the wolf population. In contrast to out west the big issue is wolves in high livestock areas cause depredation. Wolves in the Eastern U.S. mostly inhabit heavily forested areas with few livestock herds, happens a little bit here but not much.

If the wolf is anything like the coyote, once you see one its to late your already infested with them. I am sure they will find there way here its only a matter of time. They can fight with the cougar, or panther for whats left. I want one of each.

They are nothing like a coyote as far as adapability goes. They are generally slower moving, easier to shoot and rely on a lot more seculsion to maintane a pack. Loner wolves have ranged a long ways away from home, heck there was a Michigan wolf shot in Missouri, however, it would be nearly impossible that a pack would ever establish anywhere besides the Rocky Mountain West and the Northeast, upper Midwest eventhough there have been many strays in several states in recent years. So really doubt GA would ever have wolves except someday a loner might show up, just not enough wilderness areas.

I've heard of a few sightings of wolves in my area but find it hard to believe.
Now I have been seeing some pretty big magnificent looking male yotes lately.
Not your every day looking mangy critter.Have no idea where they are coming from.
On the other hand 50 yrs ago in the ozarks in mo hunters had wolf dogs and there was a bounty on them.

Cal

Latest posts