Wisdom for the Young'uns

Help Support CattleToday:

when lifting or pushing on something… He was straining like a dog passing peach seeds.

a hyper kid.. if you stuck a broom up his butt he would sweep the place out for you

when a kid is a uncoordinated… he runs like a chicken pulling a wagon.

being lazy.. If he was a dog he would lean against a wall to bark

Lazy… That mans like a blister he wont show up till the hard works done

Fun.. we aint had this much excitement since the hogs ate little brother

looks.. she could make a train take a dirt road

or

he is so ugly when he was born the doc slapped his momma

or

she is fatter than a town dog

o r

he is so skinny he could take a bath in a gun barrel

My grandpa said, when asked what he was doing, "Mildewin."

Or he'd say "Ain't that funny I stole honey and you stole money."

Or, "He's a pretty good boy, he just needs a dose of salts."

greenwillowherefords":ncc48t2k said:
"He's a pretty good boy, he just needs a dose of salts."

thats an old one but a good one. Another is.. Hes allright there just aint much demand for him.

brokenmouth":1uvpmwxi said:
greenwillowherefords":1uvpmwxi said:
"He's a pretty good boy, he just needs a dose of salts."

thats an old one but a good one. Another is.. Hes allright there just aint much demand for him.

Boy is like one of them airedale dogs smarter than he looks.

If we could buy that clown for what he's worth and sell him for what he thinks he's worth we'd all be set.

That fellow's so broke if it cost a nickel to sh-t he'd have to throw up.

I've heard plenty of them myself..grandparents..oldtimers

It's hotter than two rats fornicating in a wool sock...

When asked if he's seen somebody.....he went into the woods to take a s... and the hogs ate him.

When surprised....we'll slap me nekid and hide my clothes

a perty gal....she's cuter than a rooster in socks...or she's pertier than two speckled puppies in a minner bucket...

or a break down...there ain't but three things in life I ain't got no use for...(whatever was broke at the time), ford tailgates, and jughead kids.

Or a know it all.....that sum of a beach thinks he can eat a crowbar and s... nails

JB

My grandpa always said he was "happier than a 2 peetered puppy"

And

"It's not what you say, it's how you say it" I think that is how he managed to get through life with only one broken nose!! :lol:

Diplomacy is the abiilty to tell someone to go to he-- in such a way that they look forawrd to the journey.

Like the halt leading the blind

I see said the blind man, you lie said the mute

dun

And grandpa always keeps a knife that is sharp enough to shave a sleeping mouse.

And an old friend of mine...when I asked him what's for supper always told me goat goobe ghoulash and suitcase soufle.

My grand parents always say, It'll be better when youre a grandparent.......... Hopefully ohterwise theres somethin the matter with you.

Okay, couldn't resist passing on a few old saws from the frozen north.

"Big enough to burn deisel and pull a pup" Describing a mountain of a man or woman.

"Not too thin where the pin goes in" A less than flattering description of a broad beamed woman.

"Wild 'n' wooly 'n' full of fleas...never been curried below the knees" I know there's more to this one, but I can never remember it all...describes a head's up kind of cayuse (and sometimes rather rambunctious children).

"Dumber than a sackful of hammers" Which really is about the most illogical description for low intellect still floating around out there.

In the same vein:
"Not the brightest bulb in the pack"
"Not the sharpest knife in the drawer"
"The lights are on, but no one's home"

On another note:
"Fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down" Another pearl describing the less the beautiful.

Hmmm...kind of tired tonight...let's see... oh, yeah:
"Hornier than a two-peckered billy goat" (sorry kids...don't ask your mom to explain it, okay?) Describing randy individuals..especially loggers or oilmen headed home after a long stint in the bush (for a long stint in the..never mind).

And finally...
"A snowball's chance in H E double L" Basically describing pretty poor odds.

Take care.

Meaner than a gut shot grizzly

Big enough to got grizzly hunting with a switch

Crazier than a sh*thouse rat

Crazier than a hydrophobied skunk

Thicker than hair on a hound

Raining like a cow peeing onto a flat rock

Madder than a wet hen

Busier than a one armed paper hanger; or busier than a set of jumper cables at a .....

Colder than a welldiggers a** ; colder than a witches t*t in a brass bra in January

Slicker than owl sh*t on a sycamore tree

Anybody know how long a "coon's age" is? As in: "I ain't seen him in a coon's age"

Latest posts