Wilson combat 1911 45acp price

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
Tried this in another thread with no luck so I'll start my own. I'm really liking the looks of the Wilson combat 1911, I can find plenty of links to the gun but nothing with a price. Trying to just get a general ball park on the price, I think they are around $3k ??? Any help? I haven't found a local shop that has one or a knuckle head willing to quote me over the phone..... Yet.

Thanks, Alan

Caustic Burno":3q086813 said:
kenny thomas":3q086813 said:
Lots of Wilson on http://www.gunbroker.com . Just seen one for $2,380 on there. The bid is $1,800.

Never figured out why they had such a following.
You can buy a 1911 a lot cheaper and more accurate than 99.99% of people can shoot.
Only 1911 I own is a Colt enhanced Government model that I gave $500 for. It is much more accurate than I am. I point and it shoots and that is about as good as I get.

With the Wilsons you are paying for better quality parts and a lot of hand fitting. Kind of the difference between hand made furniture and the bargain store stuff.

dun":19t9p97d said:
With the Wilsons you are paying for better quality parts and a lot of hand fitting. Kind of the difference between hand made furniture and the bargain store stuff.
I totally agree Dun and would love to have one but it would be a waste of money for me to buy one for me. I probably own more guns that many people think is possible but I can't shoot worth a shyyt. But I love to try. The Taurus Judge with the 410 ammo is best for me. :nod:

I don't want a tight tolerance 1911 they will get you killed IMO.
Want mil-spec you drop in mud, water or sand and they keep running.
Actually want to feel a little play in the slide. Marine Uncle that made the beach landings on
Guadalcanal ,Iwo and Okinawa bought my first one from the Army Navy store.
He would check them and say boy that action is to tight and will get you killed in a jam.
To this day I have trusted that judgement.

The only 1911 frame that ever fit me was a Colt Service Model Ace with the floating chamber that had been highly modified. Lowered the value cause it took it out of the collectors category but it sure did feel good. Must have felt good to the guy that bought it becaue I tripled my money on it, but I bought it cheap cause the previous owner didn;t like the feel.

Caustic Burno":36i4yjaj said:
I don't want a tight tolerance 1911 they will get you killed IMO.
Want mil-spec you drop in mud, water or sand and they keep running.
Actually want to feel a little play in the slide. Marine Uncle that made the beach landings on
Guadalcanal ,Iwo and Okinawa bought my first one from the Army Navy store.
He would check them and say boy that action is to tight and will get you killed in a jam.
To this day I have trusted that judgement.
Properly done, too few people can, those tight tolerances won;t cause problems even with some abuse. The operative term is "properly done".
At one time the Colt Gold Cup was all hand fitted but not nearly as well as the Wilson or a couple of the other true 1911 expert smiths.
It;s like the difference between a Ruger and a Freedom Arms. Mass produced vs custom produced

Thank you, good conversation on this hand gun. It took me about two minutes to decide I wasn't going to lay down $3k for this. I do have an itch to get another gun, right now I'm still leaning toward a 1911 and/or a .308 semi auto. I have a nice 30-06 bolt, but the way this country is headed I'm thinking semi auto.

The ruger 1911's are getting very good reviews. I have a colts, but unless I was going to troll gunbroker for a commander sized series 80, I'd go ruger or sig. But that's just me.

That RIA on the bottom or one very similar is like I've been eyeballing for a while. The tactical RIA 1911 will most likely be my next pistol purchase, when I can. A friend had an A1 milspec that I got to shoot a little bit. I liked the weight and it felt natural in my hands. I liked it pretty good, but want the ext beavertail in particular on the tacticals.

Alan":3jwqzc2z said:
Thank you, good conversation on this hand gun. It took me about two minutes to decide I wasn't going to lay down $3k for this. I do have an itch to get another gun, right now I'm still leaning toward a 1911 and/or a .308 semi auto. I have a nice 30-06 bolt, but the way this country is headed I'm thinking semi auto.
I could never justify that kind of money for a pistol unless it was for competition shooting or something along that line. For just plain old everyday shooting I'll just keep my old colt. It shoots pretty good and it's paid for. :lol:

Look at Les Baer, they will guarantee accuracy, hand fitted from their own parts, they are tight though. A better deal and a better gun than the Wilson IMHO. Not a fan of the Gold Cup, or Springfield anymore, Kimber is decent I guess, but you only live once and I like a good 1911, 3k seems overpriced for that Wilson though.

LBC1911-45.jpg

Kell-inKY":3qo7rfdt said:
Look at Les Baer, they will guarantee accuracy, hand fitted from their own parts, they are tight though. A better deal and a better gun than the Wilson IMHO. Not a fan of the Gold Cup, or Springfield anymore, Kimber is decent I guess, but you only live once and I like a good 1911, 3k seems overpriced for that Wilson though.

LBC1911-45.jpg
No doubt that Les Baer is a good gun judging by the price.
Why not Springfield?

The last Springfield I had was a dud, and I've had quite a few over the years. Everyone I have handled since has been pretty poor, I think the quality control slipped, plus the importation of parts and whole guns. In the late 80's and 90's they were the go to platform for a race gun, Wilson didn't even make a 1911 back then, they required you to start with a Springfield or Colt due to quality.

I've been out of it for a few years, but a hand fitted custom gun was just over 1k (a ton of money for one 15 years ago), they are now over double that and they want 1k for one that is "assembled" in their "custom" shop, not the same thing.

Plus, all the new firing pin safety crap is just that, crap. 1911's are one of the safest guns in the world and were designed correctly the first time. I don't know which manufacturers have adopted these new safety's but I know a lot of them have, and Colt is one of the worst feeling ones that I have tried.

Latest posts