Building My First 1911

Help Support CattleToday:

MudHog

Reaction score
Decided to build my first ever 1911. My frame is a Rock Island M1911A1 Tactical. So far I've bought parts from Ozark Surplus and Sarco. Not planning to build anything fancy, although the grips I bought off ebay are Dymondwood. :) Waiting for the Ozark and Sarco packages to some in and those will complete the frame build. Next I need to get slide parts or find a complete slide in 45ACP. All total so far, I'm at $267.00 to build the lower.

Anybody have any 1911 slide parts laying around that they'd want to sell or part with?

MudHog":1yg258tx said:
Decided to build my first ever 1911. My frame is a Rock Island M1911A1 Tactical. So far I've bought parts from Ozark Surplus and Sarco. Not planning to build anything fancy, although the grips I bought off ebay are Dymondwood. :) Waiting for the Ozark and Sarco packages to some in and those will complete the frame build. Next I need to get slide parts or find a complete slide in 45ACP. All total so far, I'm at $267.00 to build the lower.

Anybody have any 1911 slide parts laying around that they'd want to sell or part with?

No.

As far as right out of the box Rocks are hard to beat if you are looking for a shooter.
Now I have some safe queens and other than a dollar value I don't think they are better.

Latest progress. Waiting on my slide assembly to come in. If anyone has a set of 45acp dies, I'm looking for some. Thought I had a set, but do not. I do have some rifle dies I can offer a trade and some 6mm projectiles too. I had a beavertail grip safety, but the finger on it wasn't long enough and not engaging the trigger. Have the regular grip safety now ad all functions good.

F259E29A-407E-41E8-A3CC-283847CD91DD_zpsago9ucqh.jpg

MudHog":1ujmzzig said:
Latest progress. Waiting on my slide assembly to come in. If anyone has a set of 45acp dies, I'm looking for some. Thought I had a set, but do not. I do have some rifle dies I can offer a trade and some 6mm projectiles too. I had a beavertail grip safety, but the finger on it wasn't long enough and not engaging the trigger. Have the regular grip safety now ad all functions good.

77ABCCDB-290C-41F8-B932-AE919BFC3EF9_zpssvynvo0k.jpg

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/242098 ... set-45-acp

Finished the project Saturday and shot it Sunday afternoon. The ONLY hand fitting I had to do was the barrel bushing. The key was rounded at the base of the key and needed to be filed to make a square corner to fit into the keyway. Very pleased with it and now looking forward to building another.

88D4954C-A551-44F5-B030-27A98CB17F91_zps8ics3evw.jpg

HOSS - I have $427 total into the project.

Ryder - Thanks. Was fun and interesting to build and it wont be my last one. :D

Latest posts