Why is it?

Help Support CattleToday:

boondocks":2bp0fjsa said:
I'll give y'all a hint. Most women aren't nearly as into jewelry as the ads would want you to believe. What I would actually love is a tech consultant on retainer!!!
We have pretty much given up on getting each other "big" gifts and instead take a nice vacation. New Zealand in two months! Combination 25th anniversary and Christmas presents to ourselves
True. And it depends on your lifestyle. Before we "retired" & lived in the city I wore jewelry every day but now I only wear it if I go into town and quite often not even then. Last year we got smart phones as our gift to each other.

Congrats on 25 years! Post pics of New Zealand!

We don't get each other anything because we are spoiled and have everything we want that we can afford already. I don't mean to brag but I can back anything pretty darn good....except a very short trailer. My FIL has a 4x8 that is a pain. You can't see it in the mirror until it is way out of whack. A short stock trailer would be easier than a flat one because it is tall so you could see it better

We usually get some small things, I usually end up with a bunch of books, but nothing spectacular. The things I need get bought.

Bestoutwest":3uzyps4a said:
We usually get some small things, I usually end up with a bunch of books, but nothing spectacular. The things I need get bought.

My wife no longer wants any jewelry and many years ago forbid me from ever buying clothes for her again.
(I'm colorblind and fashion dumb so she had 'probable cause' for issuing that order.)
She wanted (and got) one of those dang Kuerig coffee makers for her birthday last month and wants (gasp) 'over-the-shoulder boulder holders' for Christmas, which she will definitely have to go get herself. (Them things ain't inexpensive btw, especially in her size. TMI? )

Me? I just want a couple of GOOD everyday belts. Been losing weight like crazy since I started my diabetes regimen a year ago and exercising, and the belts I have are all worn out anyway. (holes torn out and/or leather cracked) The last one I bought at a boot shop wasn't any better than the ones they sell at Walmart and cost 3x as much. Been wearing a military type web belt lately, but don't much like it.

Craig Miller":3ltctihx said:
We don't get each other anything because we are spoiled and have everything we want that we can afford already. I don't mean to brag but I can back anything pretty darn good....except a very short trailer. My FIL has a 4x8 that is a pain. You can't see it in the mirror until it is way out of whack. A short stock trailer would be easier than a flat one because it is tall so you could see it better

My boat trailer disappears without the boat when your backing down the ramp. I bought a Rampage backup camera that uses WiFi to your iPhone.
Pretty cool attach with magnets can use it on the tractor as well. That is real neat for an old neck full of titanium and cadaver bone when backing up to implements.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/rampage-bac ... gI-4PD_BwE

greybeard":1jycazqa said:
Bestoutwest":1jycazqa said:

My wife no longer wants any jewelry and many years ago forbid me from ever buying clothes for her again.
(I'm colorblind and fashion dumb so she had 'probable cause' for issuing that order.)
She wanted (and got) one of those dang Kuerig coffee makers for her birthday last month and wants (gasp) 'over-the-shoulder boulder holders' for Christmas, which she will definitely have to go get herself. (Them things ain't inexpensive btw, especially in her size. TMI? )

Me? I just want a couple of GOOD everyday belts. Been losing weight like crazy since I started my diabetes regimen a year ago and exercising, and the belts I have are all worn out anyway. (holes torn out and/or leather cracked) The last one I bought at a boot shop wasn't any better than the ones they sell at Walmart and cost 3x as much. Been wearing a military type web belt lately, but don't much like it.

Check out these guys, they don't use holes. https://grip6.com/products/buffalo-belt
And bras are expensive no matter the size. I've been there when my wife has bought some and my jaw dropped.

TCRanch":1n3iy60h said:
Rafter S":1n3iy60h said:
TCRanch":1n3iy60h said:
Well, Dave, maybe I'm complicated but after managing the ranch by myself for essentially a year (prior & after my husbands surgery) he wanted to get me something fabulous for Christmas. He actually found a pair of gorgeous diamond earrings that I liked but what I really want is a small, maybe 14' bumper pull stock trailer because I absolutely suck at backing up that big-azz gooseneck and it's a pain when you only need to haul a couple cows/bulls/whatever. And there's a flannel shirt I really like from LL Bean. Over the years my priorities have changed. BTW he's getting ridiculously expensive recliner.

The others are right about shorter trailers being harder to back. It's a matter of geometry. When you turn the steering wheel you get more reaction from a shorter trailer.

I had a job years ago where I drove a truck with a 24-foot bed, pulling a trailer that was just barely long enough to hold a skid steer. That little short trailer would get jacknifed beside that long truck in a heartbeat. After getting used to that I can back anything.
So practice must make perfect and I (fortunately?) haven't had enough practice backing the stock trailer. Y'all are making me re-think my wish list.

I would definitely rethink your wish list. At the very least, borrow or rent a shorter trailer and try it first. I think you'll see what we're talking about.

In my case she wants a new (to her) 3/4 tonne, extended cab, long box, 4x4 truck.

Preferably one with no electronic "crap" - so I am looking for one to get rebuilt from the ground up.

Even better if it has a standard transmission.

Hmmmm................

I would not mind one of those either.

*******personal note.

I do not care if the lady is tall or short, over weight or rail thin, old or young, model beautiful, or homely as an old fence post.

If she is driving, has a hat on, is carrying and has her dog in the other front seat............

There is nothing sexier than that lady at that moment. Love it when my old gal pulls in with her truck.

Best to all.

I'm getting a new 3/8's impact air ratchet for Christmas this year, after 35 years,my old one is a little tired.......come to think of it,so am I.....

Logar":20iltk11 said:
In my case she wants a new (to her) 3/4 tonne, extended cab, long box, 4x4 truck.

Preferably one with no electronic "crap" - so I am looking for one to get rebuilt from the ground up.

Even better if it has a standard transmission.

Hmmmm................

I would not mind one of those either.

*******personal note.

I do not care if the lady is tall or short, over weight or rail thin, old or young, model beautiful, or homely as an old fence post.

If she is driving, has a hat on, is carrying and has her dog in the other front seat............

There is nothing sexier than that lady at that moment. Love it when my old gal pulls in with her truck.

Best to all.
if she's ugly ,,I hope she's got the hat screwed down tight..

Bestoutwest":19p7vzkq said:
greybeard":19p7vzkq said:
Bestoutwest":19p7vzkq said:

Check out these guys, they don't use holes. https://grip6.com/products/buffalo-belt
And bras are expensive no matter the size. I've been there when my wife has bought some and my jaw dropped.

Were you in the fitting room???? :lol: :hide:

TexasBred":1qb1gnmx said:
Bestoutwest":1qb1gnmx said:
greybeard":1qb1gnmx said:

Were you in the fitting room???? :lol: :hide:

Maybe...... :shock:

I prefer something useful also. When I got engaged, my "present" from my fiance' was an AlisChalmers 185 tractor we had been looking at. Of course, when we split, because he thought farming was just too much hard work for no real monetary gain, I also got what was left of the payments... :hide: :bs: . He thought I was going to give up being a farmer and become a "housewife" ??????. Long story...

But, my son and I do practical also. I think this year I am going to invest in our own "dart gun" for giving shots when cattle are on pasture, to give him. We have borrowed a friends several times this past year and it seems to be a sensible addition to our "tools" for farming.

I learned to drive and back up a 2 horse Stidham trailer and am better with a bumper pull than my son is. He is better with the gooseneck, but pulls and backs it up alot more than I do. I can pretty much put it where I want it but it might take me 2-3 times to pull up a bit to readjust. I am also much better with the supercab truck than the crewcab; different wheelbase. It is all what you get the most practice with....

farmerjan":1cta97z0 said:
I prefer something useful also. When I got engaged, my "present" from my fiance' was an AlisChalmers 185 tractor we had been looking at. Of course, when we split, because he thought farming was just too much hard work for no real monetary gain, I also got what was left of the payments... :hide: :bs: . He thought I was going to give up being a farmer and become a "housewife" ??????. Long story...

But, my son and I do practical also. I think this year I am going to invest in our own "dart gun" for giving shots when cattle are on pasture, to give him. We have borrowed a friends several times this past year and it seems to be a sensible addition to our "tools" for farming.

I learned to drive and back up a 2 horse Stidham trailer and am better with a bumper pull than my son is. He is better with the gooseneck, but pulls and backs it up alot more than I do. I can pretty much put it where I want it but it might take me 2-3 times to pull up a bit to readjust. I am also much better with the supercab truck than the crewcab; different wheelbase. It is all what you get the most practice with....

Mr Stidham of Algoa Texas of Stidham Western World and Trailers just passed away in August. Knew him wonder if it is coincidence or they are kin or affiliated with the group out of Oklahoma. Seems more than ironic both were in the horse trailer business.

My trailer came directly from the Stidham trailer place in Oklahoma. They shipped it with a mini trailer inside and had the middle upright between the 2 doors cut and rewelded to remove the mini trailer out of it. The mini trailer was used by the dealer in Ct as a promotional thing. Think they put it up on something so it could be seen from the highway or something. Been 50 years so I don't really remember all the details. Had it til about 15 years ago. All the salt on the roads up north worked on the body....had a guy who bought it and took it apart and used the frame and all to build himself another trailer. They pulled like a dream, you never knew it was back there hardly, no sway, nothing.

greybeard":204mzpfe said:
Bestoutwest":204mzpfe said:

I have a couple of Lucchese belts someone gave me years ago. They've held up well (and under considerable strain, too, I might add).