Who's house will I pass

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider

Reaction score
as I go get my pups?

B%20OK.jpg

Will be about 2 1/2 hours south of me, but that is at the beginning of your trip. You'll be fairly close to Fire Sweep.

Here is a typical Great Pyrnees.
Tundra.jpg

The Great Pyrenees is a capable and imposing guardian, devoted to its family, and somewhat wary of strangers—human and canine. It is often used to guard livestock. When not provoked, it is calm, well-mannered and somewhat serious. Courageous, very loyal and obedient. Gentle and affectionate with those he loves. Devoted to family even if self-sacrifice is required. It is very gentle with its family and children. http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/greatpyrenees.htm

and an Anatolian Shepard
AnatolianShepherdDog18Months1.JPG

The Anatolian Shepherd is a flock guardian with a superior sense of sight and hearing. It is not a herding dog. It is very loyal, alert and capable of great speed and endurance. It is intelligent, alert and easy to train, but is not a dog for beginners. http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/anatolianshepherd.htm

The white one would be a young Great Pyrenees. The little puppy's are Newfoundland/Bernese Mountain dog cross. They will all make for some pretty big dogs.

HDRider":2encqp0v said:
Here is a typical Great Pyrnees.
Tundra.jpg

The Great Pyrenees is a capable and imposing guardian, devoted to its family, and somewhat wary of strangers—human and canine. It is often used to guard livestock. When not provoked, it is calm, well-mannered and somewhat serious. Courageous, very loyal and obedient. Gentle and affectionate with those he loves. Devoted to family even if self-sacrifice is required. It is very gentle with its family and children. http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/greatpyrenees.htm

and an Anatolian Shepard
AnatolianShepherdDog18Months1.JPG

The Anatolian Shepherd is a flock guardian with a superior sense of sight and hearing. It is not a herding dog. It is very loyal, alert and capable of great speed and endurance. It is intelligent, alert and easy to train, but is not a dog for beginners. http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/anatolianshepherd.htm

I probably mentioned this in the original thread, but we have one of those dogs, looks like a Pyrenees although it is half Anatolian. He's about seven years old now, great with livestock, runs coyotes and neighbor dogs very well but not a aggressive bone in his body when it comes to strangers.

I had and raised some Great Pyrenees a few years back when I had sheep. Had a male and 2 females, one female raised 2 litters of pups the other never did breed. The male was a really good guard animal against predators, he didn't even want a bird to land in the field. He was good around people, the female that had pups was ok with strangers but was wary. My only problem was keeping them in the field, they loved to roam and were seemingly impossible to fence in. After they went on a 3 day adventure, I found a new home for them, but did keep a male pup from the last litter. He was just kept around the barn and never with sheep, he bonded easily with calves and cats that were around the barn. He was different in that he became extremely aggressive toward strangers, he would only accept us and a farm helper. I attributed that to him not being around many different people as a pup, but he was very friendly towards us.

greatgerts":28cy3sp8 said:
Will be about 2 1/2 hours south of me, but that is at the beginning of your trip. You'll be fairly close to Fire Sweep.
PM firesweep, you'll be about as close to her as you are to me.

We have got land in Mountain view MO you will be going right by it. Small world I reckon. My neighbor has one of those crosses, seems like a good dog

Ky hills reminded me that our dog (Bo) was also a wanderer when he was younger. We are basically surrounded by BLM forest, he was gone on a few occasions for two or three days but always came back. Never had a complaint from a neighbor so I have no idea were he was, his bowl wasn't touched while he was gone and never saw him for that short period. After he turned three or maybe a little older he never left the place again. He has three or four favorite spots to sleep these days and always an easy find. But like KY hills he did disappear for a few days at a time.

HD, I thought I would share a pic of our 1/2 Pyrness, 1/2 Anatolian dog "Bo". Just a quick shot of him, not a good pic, he was in a "hey! I'm eating here don't bug me" frame of mind. Not an aggressive bone but like to focus on food. As you can see, your dogs won't look anything like him, but we know the folks we got him from so the breeding is correct.

Latest posts