Who would you like to see post again ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Would like to see greenwillow come back. CB can come back to. I don't care who's writing is you just can't dispute the truth.

dun":1cun16os said:
I forgot Cattle Annie. That lady was an expert!

Just another Canuck. Besides I get this perverse feeling that maybe Edgar and Camp were contemplating a female entity.

She was a friend in a tough spot. You all can blame her for me staying on the board! :lol:

( Now if that doesn't draw her out! )

:lol:

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":nq519n5g said:
Who would you want to come back and post again that seems to have left or not posted in awhile :?:

Why does it matter? They all left for a reason. We don't know what the reason was, but we sure can't change it at this stage of the game. :( FWIW, I miss Campground Cattle, Caustic, Muratic, CattleAnnie, Certherbeef, Texan, Ollie, and Bez (as well as all of his name changes).

CKC1586":2m9as1q4 said:
how about Chuckie and Jeanne-SimmeValley

Jeanne is just busy as a one legged man in butt kicking contest. She'll be back when the things slow down, according to her "this week and maybe even today"

dun":3d2g1h4x said:
CKC1586":3d2g1h4x said:
how about Chuckie and Jeanne-SimmeValley

Jeanne is just busy as a one legged man in butt kicking contest. She'll be back when the things slow down, according to her "this week and maybe even today"

Thanks dun, good to know she is still around. I was gone for quite a while... building my barn...moving and trying to get this place habitable for my cows and then getting new internet service. Sure glad you are still here!

cfpinz":2uh37vcp said:
I got a kick out of Medic. Also haven't heard from Farminlund, Katherine or Gale Seddon in awhile.

cfpinz

Haven't seen Gale Seddon in a while. She's a donkey woman, like me!

Why not":3jl2jctb said:
msscamp":3jl2jctb said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":3jl2jctb said:
Who would you want to come back and post again that seems to have left or not posted in awhile :?:

Why does it matter? They all left for a reason. We don't know what the reason was, but we sure can't change it at this stage of the game. :( FWIW, I miss Campground Cattle, Caustic, Muratic, CattleAnnie, Certherbeef, Texan, Ollie, and Bez (as well as all of his name changes).

It would shock many if we knew why some are gone. Here is a very interesting thought though. Near 7000 registered users and the same old 15 or so post along with another 25to 50 on a good day.

I have had many pms sent to me on this subject and it would be shocking as to what people have pmd and said. If anyone wants to know feal free to pm and i will let you hear what has been said but not by who. I respect the people who have pmd and will not put their names along side of what they have said. But there is way to much truth to what has been pmd to me. The cattle business is a industry and there is a need for a site like this.

The messages you get in pms may be similar to mine. Many likely know where you are coming from on this subject.

This is a good forum, but only as good as folks make it. Bad advice is bad advice and I hate seeing that worse than anything else.

backhoeboogie":28cweacy said:
This is a good forum, but only as good as folks make it. Bad advice is bad advice and I hate seeing that worse than anything else.

BHB,

I am asking only you this question, and it is an honest question.

What do you consider to be bad advice?

Alice

Alice":glfih7he said:
backhoeboogie":glfih7he said:

BHB,

Alice

Alice, There is no way I can answer that without offending the person offering the advice. Thankfully I don't have a "long list" of bad advice.

But, for instance, things are going to vary from region to region. For my place, installing wooden posts is a bad thing because they are going to get burned out - I have learned the hard way. You know how often we get brush fires in this area.

backhoeboogie":3eh3hod6 said:
Alice":3eh3hod6 said:
backhoeboogie":3eh3hod6 said:

BHB,

Alice

Alice, There is no way I can answer that without offending the person offering the advice. Thankfully I don't have a "long list" of bad advice.

But, for instance, things are going to vary from region to region. For my place, installing wooden posts is a bad thing because they are going to get burned out - I have learned the hard way. You know how often we get brush fires in this area.

I'm sorry...I should have said in general, what type of advice would you consider to be bad, or unsound.

Alice

Alice":30pwj8tr said:
I'm sorry...I should have said in general, what type of advice would you consider to be bad, or unsound.
Alice

Both of my daughters are alive today because I put them in a full size truck. I didn't economize and they were hit head on.

To me it is not an issue if I can pull a 12 ton load up a hill, I worry about stopping the load once I get to the other side of the hill. I am relying on a 30 amp fuse to power the trailer brakes and I have had fuses fail. More important than a "$50K truck", and $70K loader on the trailer, is the lives I may affect.

backhoeboogie":2u7sfuwu said:
Alice":2u7sfuwu said:
Alice

Both of my daughters are alive today because I put them in a full size truck. I didn't economize and they were hit head on.

To me it is not an issue if I can pull a 12 ton load up a hill, I worry about stopping the load once I get to the other side of the hill. I am relying on a 30 amp fuse to power the trailer brakes and I have had fuses fail. More important than a "$50K truck", and $70K loader on the trailer, is the lives I may affect.

Ok, I understand where you are coming from, now. Thanks.

Alice :)

msscamp":3j0gh5gy said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":3j0gh5gy said:

It matters for ALL the names you have listed here and others. They all contributed in the way they knew best. Like them or not.

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":2rpw50ba said:
It matters for ALL the names you have listed here and others. They all contributed in the way they knew best. Like them or not.

You never hear, "I didn't read the whole thread. I disagree with you " from those people. Also don't remember, "My vet says"

Driven":31kkx3ni said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":31kkx3ni said:

You never hear, "I didn't read the whole thread. I disagree with you " from those people. Also don't remember, "My vet says"
Not sure I understand what you are saying.

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":hleg8osy said:
Driven":hleg8osy said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":hleg8osy said:

Not sure I understand what you are saying.

The members msscamp and you are talking about were not the ones who would jump into the end of an argument while saying that they didn't read the whole thread. I am also saying they were not dependant upon a vet. They were the type of people the vet called to get advice from. :shock: :lol:

I was agreeing with you, I thought.

Latest posts