WHO MADE WHO bull???

Help Support CattleToday:

Lotta clubby bulls out there. You can play the game...... It's fun, but sorta like palyin' poker, it might be a grand 'ole time and you might get lucky, but more often than not, you lose money. Showin' cattle ain't a cheap business. And when you play the club game, it's even more expensive. Wanna get a decent calf with real world qualities? Go with a bull like OCC Legend 616L. That's real world with the potential to do well in the show ring. As you might know, I've played with the idea of raising clubby calves. But, guess what's on the list of semen this year? Real world Herf and OCC genetics. Why? A Sunseeker, Heatseeker, Heat Wave, Who Made Who, Ali, or many other club bull heifers would melt. I'm injecting a little growth this round, but in the end, I want to sell real world, usable, efficient cattle. Winning Grand Champion steer at the county fair won't be as important as building my business and a customer base. Like my dad tells me:

"You'll probly end up like I did with the Quarter Horse business. It's easier to just buy the color, sex, lineage, and kind you want then to try and raise it."

Ranchman42, I have to apologize for taking so long to get back to you on clubbies at high altitude. It has been a challenge getting a hold of people who have used some at high altitude this winter and most of this years crop isn't born yet. I did get a report of some sunseekers doing pretty well. More good reports on Ali and now semen is available on his clone if you want to ttry that route. I am still a bit undecided if the clones are as consistent as the original. At least as consistent as a clubbie ever is. Brisket is such a challenge that at times it can get very frustrating finding something proven that has a chance to work. I do like the OCC Legend bull that was mentioned, but that pedigree has genetics that have not worked very well at high altitude and the goal is still a live calf! I will share more as it becomes available.

blackcowz":1lhnlwjb said:
Like my dad tells me:

"You'll probly end up like I did with the Quarter Horse business. It's easier to just buy the color, sex, lineage, and kind you want then to try and raise it."

Your dad certainly has the horse breeding 'business' (and I use that term loosely here) figured out.

Latest posts