White Spring???

Help Support CattleToday:

It has been a cold spring. On average its been about 10 degrees cooler than normal for us. Hey, even we got some snow so go figure. But its beautiful today. Ground is saturated but I still went barefooted this morning.

We had blizzard conditions 2 days ago and more snow is predicted for next week, I'll take it though as the ground has become a big dust bowl.

I am hoping we can get crops in soon once the now stops.

Happy spring everyone .. :D

Best march weather since I moved to ny. I guess we have to pay up in april. :shock:

It rained all day here but now it has started snowing a little bit. I'm hoping that the ground is warm enough that it won't stay around for long. I had some early spring flowers blooming yesterday...*sighs*

Its most definitely spring here now.

0321101447a.jpg

jogeephus, i hate those signs of spring. around here, spring cleaning usually involves a clogged culvert or two and the moccasins always keep me on guard. so do the kings, the rats, the racers, the....

BubbaBob":c3pt84dp said:
jogeephus, i hate those signs of spring. around here, spring cleaning usually involves a clogged culvert or two and the moccasins always keep me on guard. so do the kings, the rats, the racers, the....
Well BBob you are new and I don't know much about you. But if you are an enemy of snakes that certainly speaks well of you.
If curious you could probably do a search of comments I have made about snakes to see my opinion on the matter.

There is one sort of weird fellow on the boards that paints them blue.
(Don't worry Jogeephus, I didn't give your name. :secret: )

Thanks for the discretion Ryder! :lol2:

Looks like we are going to have a yellow spring. Can't say I've ever seen so much pollen in the air. Looks like smoke or fog blowing in the morning. I recently read where the amount of ragweed pollen is going to be higher this year because of the increased CO2 in the atmosphere from global warming. Article stated that the ragweed would grow faster and produce more pollen. I wonder if my forage is going to grow faster too and produce more or does this only relate to problems.

You need some snake repellers. They have worked a dream at our place this last summer. Not one snake has come within it's range of 15 metres. ( a metre is about 39 inches or thereabouts) We have had two Eastern Browns come toward the limits of the repellers and they made no attempt to come toward them, they were too intent on escaping in the opposite direction. Had no snakes near our poultry coops which usually they like to frequent.
Colin

Australian":1uwq096l said:
You need some snake repellers. They have worked a dream at our place this last summer. Not one snake has come within it's range of 15 metres. ( a metre is about 39 inches or thereabouts) We have had two Eastern Browns come toward the limits of the repellers and they made no attempt to come toward them, they were too intent on escaping in the opposite direction. Had no snakes near our poultry coops which usually they like to frequent.
Colin

How about postin a picture of one of these miraculous devices.

They were actually developed in the US where they are very popular. The gent we purchase them through is an American who lives in the coastal area to the north of Brisbane Queensland. Look up Sentinel Snake repeller or look up www.stop-snakes.com this will give you info. We are so pleased with them as we have 8 little fluffy Shih Tzu dogs who could easily stumble upon a snake. Our grandkids are growing up and getting about.
See how you go. I'll try and get a pic for other posters too.
Colin

Ryder":31n68bcs said:
BubbaBob":31n68bcs said:
Well BBob you are new and I don't know much about you. But if you are an enemy of snakes that certainly speaks well of you.
If curious you could probably do a search of comments I have made about snakes to see my opinion on the matter.

There is one sort of weird fellow on the boards that paints them blue.
(Don't worry Jogeephus, I didn't give your name. :secret: )

Same as with two-legged reptiles, we get along much better if I see them first and can keep an eye on them. :oops:

Latest posts