Which is your top pick? Round Two

Help Support CattleToday:

Daughters. The odd son here and there, maybe. My top pick would probably be 85Z. Although I do like the performance of 5Z and the looks of his dam.

85Z and 71Z are my top picks followed by 49Z because of his dam. 5Z would have placed a lot higher if not for his dam (unless there is some redeeming factor that I don't know about.)

KNERSIE":3butaq0h said:
85Z and 71Z are my top picks followed by 49Z because of his dam.

I think I agree with this ... I'm having difficulty since I can't see them all side-by-side like you did on your first post ...

KNERSIE":3butaq0h said:
5Z would have placed a lot higher if not for his dam (unless there is some redeeming factor that I don't know about.)

I definitely agree with this. What do you see about this bull's mother that you like?

WalnutCrest":3fk250qa said:
KNERSIE":3fk250qa said:
85Z and 71Z are my top picks followed by 49Z because of his dam.

I think I agree with this ... I'm having difficulty since I can't see them all side-by-side like you did on your first post ...

KNERSIE":3fk250qa said:
5Z would have placed a lot higher if not for his dam (unless there is some redeeming factor that I don't know about.)

I definitely agree with this. What do you see about this bull's mother that you like?

Not much, I suppose you can say she is feminine and at least she's got some bone, but very much an off type.

WalnutCrest":2kobwysz said:
Sorry Knersie ... that was a question for Aaron.

I don't like that cow at all.

I don't care for that cow either, but I am impressed with her ability to wean off such a huge calf and still breed back, I assume. I've got one cow like that, puts everything into the calf and breeds back, has made the most money of any cow because they are the biggest calves and almost always steers.

But I wouldn't want an entire herd that looked like her. More of a terminal bull.

A terminal bull?

I thought you were wanting daughters ...

I like Knersie's suggestions.

Good luck ... and let us know if there is going to be a round three.

WalnutCrest":26wqqk65 said:
A terminal bull?

I thought you were wanting daughters ...My mind jumps around a bit.

I like Knersie's suggestions.

Good luck ... and let us know if there is going to be a round three.Oh, most likely.

No one in this thread so far has mentioned EPDs.

On top of each of the bull photos is a link to CHA data and on that page a link to an EPD Graph.

The EPD graphs give a different picture of a bull than just the photo. Wouldn't it be a good idea to use the EPD information in addition to the photo?

Being an engineer in my day job I tend to like to see some numbers. Aren't their are some traits that dont show up in a photograph?

Jim

I never pay much attention to EPD's. My cattle have never caught interest because of them, and there is much that can be gained from a few pictures that EPD's don't measure.

The only numbers I do require are the 'hard numbers', BW/WW/YW.

Was an average sale but sure was short of buyers and there was a lot of bargains to be had...

I'm sure there was, just not in the bulls I was looking for. Very disappointed the sale wasn't broadcast over the internet, when it was advertised in the catalog that it would be. For the calibre of cattle and this day in age, there was no excuse. I have no interest in sitting on the phone trying to overhear what is being said at the sale.

We bought 85z and sure considered 49z but a question on a mar in his pedigree stopped that. Also took 101z along. Will let you all know in 18-20 months if they were worth useing or not. Am pretty sure they both should be cow producers.

Beef Man":1v5hay4n said:
We bought 85z and sure considered 49z but a question on a mar in his pedigree stopped that. Also took 101z along. Will let you all know in 18-20 months if they were worth useing or not. Am pretty sure they both should be cow producers.

What did 101 and 208 go for? Hope 85 works for you, Matt. I could never bring myself to pay that much for any bull.

Latest posts