Where would you relocate to?

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1":1gnlf8rw said:
What Bryant meant to say was he would come to the Eastern portion of Va. so he can run hounds :lol2:

I have to say that would be nice to be able to run some deer dogs, the more people that move in and split up the bigger tracts of land the harder it is to run hounds.

BRYANT":29j5vb7i said:
skyhightree1":29j5vb7i said:
What Bryant meant to say was he would come to the Eastern portion of Va. so he can run hounds :lol2:

I have to say that would be nice to be able to run some deer dogs, the more people that move in and split up the bigger tracts of land the harder it is to run hounds.

Very true.

I dairyed in MI for 20 years. Sold everything moved to SC KY and started over. With the reduction of small dairys(200 in county in "99" now less the 30) and the loss of small tobacco has taken it's toll on ag. 2 years ago we closed the dairy. We have kicked around the idea of moving again. This time not to farm, but homestead/early retirement. The is for cow polinator, the same time we moved here a family from our neighborhood moved to Eastern Okla. Just across the state line, minutes south of I-40. They like it there, but it gets warmer than here. It's usually hotter in OK but less humid except for this summer.

Most likely down in the Wharton County area or a little south think Jackson county is the next one.
Good game and not far from chasing Speckled trout. Not ate up with people yet.
Doesn't get any better
If I live another ten years I am going to be in the burbs, our land prices
are attracting people like ducks to a June bug.

If I relocated it would have to be on a river. I sure like to canoe and kayak. I have canoed most of the rivers in Arkansas near Red Bull Breeder, most all in Eastern Oklahoma, and all in texas including the Devils River several times. so probably someplace like Junction Texas and the Llano River. The Buffalo River in Arkansas is a great area, but my wife is not my sister. Just kidding RBB.

papavillars":1p93ae2i said:
If I relocated it would have to be on a river. I sure like to canoe and kayak. I have canoed most of the rivers in Arkansas near Red Bull Breeder, most all in Eastern Oklahoma, and all in texas including the Devils River several times. so probably someplace like Junction Texas and the Llano River. The Buffalo River in Arkansas is a great area, but my wife is not my sister. Just kidding RBB.
Step sister?

You would make out ok Papa. We started a deal a long time ago where if you were born on the south side of the river you get married to some one on the north side. If you were born on the north side you couldn't come to the south side unless you married into the south side tribe.

If it included moving the cows it would be somewhere in the MO Ozarks. OOPS, already did it. Without the cows somewhere with mildish climate on a lake with GOOD fishing.

papavillars":2foun7kq said:

Wife and I tubed down the Llano at Junction about 10 years ago. If it hadn't been for a slight breeze popping up from the right direction, I'd probably still be sitting out there. I swear, sometimes the river was at a standstill or the breeze was blowing us back upstream. Canoe on Devils River is a hoot tho, as long as you know where the low ranch dams are.

Back to where I was born, NW Arkansas...but closer to the MO border. Wally world has blown everything up too much. Second pick would be KY. Love the weather, scenery, people and land is affordable. Almost uprooted 4 years ago, but couldn't put the kids through it..maybe one day, when I'm too old and tired to do much for myself.

papavillars":3a5awse5 said:
Papa, have you ever been down the Cossatot River in western Arkansas?

Hillbilly, thought I recognized that name. We have done the upper and lower Mountain Fork . This was the slickest river I have ever tried to walk . We would stop along the rapids and fish, and slip and slide among the rocks.

papavillars":hlsyqmpp said:
Hillbilly no I haven't. I will look it up. Is it rugged? We like it rough and pretty private.
I think the Cossatot will meet your criteria. It is remote but not too far from civilization. I believe they say it has class 4 rapids in places however I don't know anything about rapids and could be getting that mixed up. I live within 20 minutes of this river and the Mountain Fork

I would love to move west, but running a cattle operation out there means lots of land, irrigated hay fields and that all means a ton of money. I like MN for the most part, one gets used to the cold (you can put on more clothes then you take off)! I like having 4 seasons and doing lots of outdoor activities even in the winter.

Latest posts