Where do you order your seed?

Help Support CattleToday:

greenwillowherefords

Reaction score
Where do most of you order your seed? Do you just buy it from the store or do you order from a catalog. I get mine from Henery fields, but i have not ordered yet, I guess i need to do that if I am going to plant this year.
GW Wife

greenwillowherefords":2h1zggx9 said:
Where do most of you order your seed? Do you just buy it from the store or do you order from a catalog. I get mine from Henery fields, but i have not ordered yet, I guess i need to do that if I am going to plant this year.
GW Wife
I like Parks Seed and Guerneys. They are both hard to beat. For supplies I like Gardeners Supply. I don't know of any better.

last yr i ordered some from gurneys, called placed my order, need some things from henry fields called them, guess what same opererator that took the gurneys order took my fields order. i asked why she said that they use the same centeral clearing house for billing shipping and recieving! makes me wonder if they are the same. lots of the pics of stuff is the same as the other catalog check it out

The problem I have with Fields and or Gurnieys is that they ship their root stock at such times the feel is best to plant, Many times that is 30 or more days past the tiime I want to get it into the ground, it would be nice if they offered some sort of an option, have lost some productivity because of the shipping delay and my basic 3 season growing period.
So i try to find local or other suppliers that do not tell me when to plant, do not get me wrong the been i business a long time so must be right more often than not but would be nice for an option!

hopalong is right, several of the same seed companies use the same ordering service. Sure make you wonder.
I use Henry Fields and Gurney's and also one named Farmers.
The problem I have is that many times I will get part of the order and they say the rest will be shipped later when it is available. If they dont have it, they need to tell me when they get the order in, not when it is time to plant.

The wife seems to have forgotten that the last few years we've ordered more from Shumways than any one else. They specialize in old time, heirloom seeds as well as new stuff. The catalog is still old timey looking too.

Latest posts