When the feds drop the ball

Help Support CattleToday:

perda04

Reaction score
Texas Town's Immigrant-Renting Rule Is Struck Down

http://www.newsmax.com/us/immigration_t ... 99635.html

FARMERS BRANCH, Texas -- A Dallas suburb's rule against renting apartments to illegal immigrants has been declared unconstitutional.

U.S. District Judge Sam A. Lindsay says in his ruling Wednesday that it's the federal government's job to police immigration matters.

He says the city of Farmers Branch shouldn't have tried to determine which non-citizens could rent apartments there.

The ordinance passed last year requires landlords to verify the legal status of renters. Residents endorsed the measure a year ago in the nation's first public vote on such a matter.

I have thought that ever since Farmer's Branch put that law into effect. It isn't the State's and certainly not a municipality's responsibility or mandate to set immigration policy. It may suck, but that's the way it has to be until such time as the law is changed. Federal law trumps city ordinance.

Now, that can be challenged in court I guess, but that's the way it is now.

I personally liked the law, but I think the Feds are trying to set an example here. This is a test case, for sure and I don't know it this is over yet.

Doesn't Oklahoma have a similar law, or what did I hear about that?

I thought it was a good idea as well...oh well...since they can't set immigration law, maybe the authorities will begin to enforce existing policies and start shipping them back.

Nobody is going to ship anyone back in any serious numbers. We see "token" raids of companies, but you can bet that there is a reason that certain companies are targeted.

It's not my job or yours to determine the legal status of anyone. We just have massive failure in our government in doing its job.

The best quote I've heard lately about this?

"If fences don't work, why don't we remove the one at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue."

I think that illeagle immigration has got so far out of hand there really is no answer to it.
My thoughts ,we already have the laws in place so forget the PC and inforce the laws.

Cal

Calman":2da8bwnp said:
I think that illeagle immigration has got so far out of hand there really is no answer to it.
My thoughts ,we already have the laws in place so forget the PC and inforce the laws.

Cal

When I see something like this, I see a local politician grandstanding, trying to make a name for himself over immigration when he should be concerned with local matters over which he has some jurisdiction.

A shame the state of Texas fought Mexico for Independence and now is letting them take the state back over by illegal immigration. Not a shot fired.

TexasBred":bi1gxknv said:
A shame the state of Texas fought Mexico for Independence and now is letting them take the state back over by illegal immigration. Not a shot fired.

Man, someone gotta work in the mobile home plant and cut the grass. You go to Truegreen Lawn Care up in Fort Worth and they got a big Mexican flag right next to the American flag. They even pay for these guy's work visas. I guess as long as they are working... It isn't a job you can get any other guy to do. The only white guys working there were the supervisors and there were no black guys at all.

And I will get this locked for saying it, but those guys work their butts off. I would rather have a bunch of hard working illegals here than a bunch of lazy, unemployed folks living in FEMA trailers and motels from a storm that happened in 2005.

Lammie":3d3z7mac said:
TexasBred":3d3z7mac said:

Man, someone gotta work in the mobile home plant and cut the grass. You go to Truegreen Lawn Care up in Fort Worth and they got a big Mexican flag right next to the American flag. They even pay for these guy's work visas. I guess as long as they are working... It isn't a job you can get any other guy to do. The only white guys working there were the supervisors and there were no black guys at all.

And I will get this locked for saying it, but those guys work their butts off. I would rather have a bunch of hard working illegals here than a bunch of lazy, unemployed folks living in FEMA trailers and motels from a storm that happened in 2005.
Lammie, so sadly, what you say is all too true . It is not just in Texas . Everywhere you look there is work to be done, houses that need painting, fences that need building, all kinds of work that needs to be done, but so few willing to do it . In Ohio the economy is terrible, but are these people looking for extra work, no . They will throw the keys to their house on the floor and walk out when they can't make the payments .We might as well admit that the Mexicans are doing work that white people are too good to do and others don't intend to do .

Larry

I agree. The economy here is booming, thanks to the Barnett Shale and all the service industries that go with it. But there are still people, grown healthy men, who complain that they can't find jobs and will blame Mexicans for it. Let's just say it, they are too darn lazy to get out there and really work. There is a LOT of money to be made if you are young and able bodied and willing to bust your hump. There are job fairs all the time. Illegals aren't getting those jobs. But people are doing exactly what you said, walking off and leaving a house because they can't find a job where they can make a lot of money sitting on their rumps and doing nothing.

There is a trailer park near here called The Homesteads. Ten years ago, you didn't drive through there unless you had a reason. It was a big meth lab. Dangerous after dark. Now, it is still a little rough, but there are actual houses there, built by people that came here from Mexico, a little at a time, through hard work. And when they finish that house, they build another for another family member. Everyone works together, and they live on the land and in the houses that were abandoned by white folks.

Say what you want, but that, in my opinion, is what America is about. We are a people are grown soft. We want to work at GM for twenty years and retire to lifetime medical and pension. We want to supervise.

Okay. Nuff rant. I gotta get ready for work.

The way I see it the people who are on welfare and able to work should be doing these kind of jobs.
I'm probably gonna catch he11 over this but I believe anyone able to work should have to work at some kind of job and not go on welfare. If nothing else even cutting grass along the highway for the state or county.
Now don't get me wrong. Welfare is a great thing for those that need it. But a person that's able to work don't need it and shouldn't recieve it.

I don't see how any person can actually sit on there rear and let the working person make a living for them. No pride what so ever. I have no room or time in my life for a lazy person.

Cal

Calman":jzghg8hg said:
The way I see it the people who are on welfare and able to work should be doing these kind of jobs.
I'm probably gonna catch be nice over this but I believe anyone able to work should have to work at some kind of job and not go on welfare. If nothing else even cutting grass along the highway for the state or county.
Now don't get me wrong. Welfare is a great thing for those that need it. But a person that's able to work don't need it and shouldn't recieve it.

I don't see how any person can actually sit on there rear and let the working person make a living for them. No pride what so ever. I have no room or time in my life for a lazy person.

Cal
I agree 100% . There are some things in this country that cannot go on the way they are and the current welfare system is one . There are those that need welfare and the truth is they probably don't get enough . At some point we are going to have to determine who can work and who can't and the ones that can work are going to have to find work .

Larry

Amen to what has been said in above posts but what really frost my buns is when the new media and politicians come on and lambasts the farm bill for making outrageous subsidy payments to some of americas weatlhiest people (farmers), when 2/3 of the USDA budget is for food and welfare subsidy programs.

Calman":3d6u5m8l said:
I'm probably gonna catch be nice over this but I believe anyone able to work should have to work at some kind of job and not go on welfare. If nothing else even cutting grass along the highway for the state or county.

Cal

Lets not forget the younger ones who get married or not, start having kid after kid after kid, all paid for by the State, and the taxpayers who work in that state, and then just expect a free ride the rest of their lives, and complain how bad they got it, while us hard working people struggle with our jobs, pay our own insurance premiums, and bills. I think this is my #1 pet peeve, lazy young people, that pump out kids, then are too darn lazy to work to support them, makes me sick! I think the whole welfare program needs to be revamped to make these lazy youngsters get off there fat butts and pay their own way!

GMN

Latest posts