wheel hay rake

Help Support CattleToday:

I just do dry hay...but I have baled some for a neighbor who insisted he hay was dry and ready to bale..... half the field was showing WET on monitor. I stopped and called him told him I was getting high number and wet on monitor he told me my monitor was wrong said bale it, some looked like fresh standing grass. It was fescue and Johnson grass it baled it fine....I had a 504 super I ...The 504R has cut my time to bale in half or more

brw":2w022hpo said:
I just do dry hay...but I have baled some for a neighbor who insisted he hay was dry and ready to bale..... half the field was showing WET on monitor. I stopped and called him told him I was getting high number and wet on monitor he told me my monitor was wrong said bale it, some looked like fresh standing grass. It was fescue and Johnson grass it baled it fine....I had a 504 super I ...The 504R has cut my time to bale in half or more

Thanks. Have you ever plugged it?

Yes I plugged it last fall baling along side of a creek bank....I stopped open the gate the plug pulled through came out back ..... I cleaned off gate area and closed gate and started again slow and it baled the wet grass

Stopped at the local dealer yesterday and took a look at the new Vermeer balers. As cfpinz said a remake with singularities to a JD baler. I may send an email to Vermeer and ask why the change?

jltrent":oi1pt2bu said:
Stopped at the local dealer yesterday and took a look at the new Vermeer balers. As cfpinz said a remake with singularities to a JD baler. I may send an email to Vermeer and ask why the change?

I'll be curious how they respond.

Betting it'll have to do with simplification. I love my M, but that pickup head has a ton of moving parts - and in turn, wear items.

cfpinz":220cvqzb said:
jltrent":220cvqzb said:

I'll be curious how they respond.

Betting it'll have to do with simplification. I love my M, but that pickup head has a ton of moving parts - and in turn, wear items.

That's what I like best about them is the pick up, a lot less moving parts

1982vett":1q38cbd8 said:
jltrent":1q38cbd8 said:
Get him to price you one of these

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kbFB-874lrE

I need one of those...........a zero turn SELF-PROPELLED BALER.

https://www.agriculture.com/news/machin ... lled-baler

Vermeer%20self-propelled%20baler%20web.jpg

Supa Dexta":1alphyd8 said:
Just pointing out Valtra isn't killed off.

https://www.valtra.com/
Looks to be one dealer/company left in the US 0f A. We had a dealer around here for several years (no longer) and people had good luck with them, but I would say support and parts is not like it was. No dealers in Canada.

I broke the reel on my old IH mower/conditioner last year and bought a used NH haybine to replace it. The lady was selling all her hay equipment and I ended up buying her 2 basket tedder and a wheel rake. I kept my old 4 bar IH rake. I don't see any way to rake more than (2) 9' swaths with the wheel rake. So on the light 2nd cutting hay I've been using the old 4 bar rake and kicking swath's 1 & 4 in and then taking the wheel rake over it to get all 4 into one. My wheel rake only opens to a V configuration, are there other configurations out there? The wheel rake certainly speeded up raking.

Supa Dexta":f3brg82c said:
Just pointing out Valtra isn't killed off.

https://www.valtra.com/

I meant that they are no longer sold in the United States. If you look on Tractor House there are none for sale that are newer than the mid 2000s. They are still alive and well in Europe.

Any Agco dealer can get parts, sometimes they take a little while though.

Latest posts