V Rake Poll

Help Support CattleToday:

Prefered brand/model of carted wheel rake

• Kuhn SR 100 GII Series

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • New Holland Procart Series (Rebadged Sitrex)

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Vermeer VR Series

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters
Well I can't vote yet, but got this today Kuhn SR110 speed rake at auction from property that was sold by the court as the guy died last year and the 4 kids fought tooth and nail for everything to be sold. He had 4 nice JD tractors with a couple Tier zero ones that rang the bell.

I got it for a price if I don't like it will go back to auction and I should not lose.

lc9M4kf.jpg

You'll like it. They don't call them speed rakes for no reason!
I do struggle when raking single rows for the square baler, but our sr110 doesn't have a kicker wheel.

Well I can't vote yet, but got this today Kuhn SR110 speed rake at auction from property that was sold by the court as the guy died last year and the 4 kids fought tooth and nail for everything to be sold. He had 4 nice JD tractors with a couple Tier zero ones that rang the bell.

I got it for a price if I don't like it will go back to auction and I should not lose.

lc9M4kf.jpg

When didn't you buy the tractors? I hear they brought more than they cost new.

When didn't you buy the tractors? I hear they brought more than they cost new.
Sons wifes brother was heck bent on buying the JD 5525 (cab, loader, low hour's nice) as they rolled over their Kubota M5-111 and it was totaled out. It went for 60k and IMO worth 45k as he said no way would he pay that. As far as me buying that over priced junk I am to cheap. I was the only bidder on the Speed Rake and kicking myself for bidding 5K as I believe I could have gotten it cheaper. THe rake looks to have low acres raked and in nice shape.

Yes sir those **25 series Deeres are worth a mint right now especially the 54-56. I know I have been looking for one myself.

I run one of those Kuhn rakes and I think you will like it. $5k for low acres and in good shape was a decent buy I am sure they are high as heck now like everything else.

Sons wifes brother was heck bent on buying the JD 5525 (cab, loader, low hour's nice) as they rolled over their Kubota M5-111 and it was totaled out. It went for 60k and IMO worth 45k as he said no way would he pay that. As far as me buying that over priced junk I am to cheap. I was the only bidder on the Speed Rake and kicking myself for bidding 5K as I believe I could have gotten it cheaper. THe rake looks to have low acres raked and in nice shape.
You might have let them ask less and ended up paying more.
How about the trucks being so crazy high. 2003 Chevy Duramax bringing 29,000.

You might have let them ask less and ended up paying more.
How about the trucks being so crazy high. 2003 Chevy Duramax bringing 29,000.
A 2018 ford F150 with 23k miles brought 42k as I thought that was crazy. A 20 feet flatbed gooseneck old trailer with the floor rotten and rotten tires brought over 4k. Instead of buying I need to sell. With the price of farm producer items, unless these people are just hobby farming or needing a write off those crazy prices don't pencil out. There was not a buyers premium thanks goodness.

A 2018 ford F150 with 23k miles brought 42k as I thought that was crazy. A 20 feet flatbed gooseneck old trailer with the floor rotten and rotten tires brought over 4k. Instead of buying I need to sell. With the price of farm producer items, unless these people are just hobby farming or needing a write off those crazy prices don't pencil out. There was not a buyers premium thanks goodness.
I heard it was bad, and over 2000 people there..

Apparently I have missed something, (not the first time) when and where was this auction?
Dogwood heights Tazewell Tennessee. Mostly what you missed was a bunch of farm equipment bringing more that it was worth and standing in over a 100 degrees index shoulder to shoulder with people. Probably the only deal there I got. There was looked like an almost new 4 basket Krone tedder that went 3-4k under new price.

Dogwood heights Tazewell Tennessee. Mostly what you missed was a bunch of farm equipment bringing more that it was worth and standing in over a 100 degrees index shoulder to shoulder with people. Probably the only deal there I got. There was looked like an almost new 4 basket Krone tedder that went 3-4k under new price.
You mean a REAL LIVE in person farm auction? 😲 Wow, I wish we could have one of those again. All the big auctioneers around here have figured out that an online only sale is easier and makes more money.
Really kills the farm community spirit of a farm auction though. 😢

I drove by that auction 5 minutes before it started. Picked up a trailer from a guy about a mile away.

That place was PACKED!!!

You'll like it. They don't call them speed rakes for no reason!
I do struggle when raking single rows for the square baler, but our sr110 doesn't have a kicker wheel.
We have a 110, got it used this year.

The kicker is useless. If it had duals on the tongue pushing hay out from the middle, it might would be useful. I make 2 passes per windrow and it leaves nothing down in the grass.

I really like the rake. Best time saver we've bought for haying to date.

We have a 110, got it used this year.

The kicker is useless. If it had duals on the tongue pushing hay out from the middle, it might would be useful. I make 2 passes per windrow and it leaves nothing down in the grass.

I really like the rake. Best time saver we've bought for haying to date.
Good info. I went over the 110 rake yesterday and gave it a good greasing and cleaning. Also found it a place in the shed. If it works as good as it looks my old V-rake may find a new home as it is about wore out.