wheel driven hay rake

Help Support CattleToday:

rc

Reaction score
A friend has a ground wheel driven JD hay rake I am going to borrow and try. Can this be pulled by a truck or maybe even a 4 wheeler?

If it's a side delivery rake you can probably pull it with an ATV and for sure with a truck. I raked 35 acres a couple of years ago with a Kawasaki Mule. The only problem is being able to see the windrows very well because of the low height you're sitting at.
mule-rake.jpg

Last week, we raked with a Jeep wrangler because the raking tractor died while doing its job. It was real hard to see the windrows. You had to use the mirror alot. Once we figured out where the rake was we picked a spot on the hood to "aim" the rake.

Dun, it looks similar to the one in your pic. I just got to thinking that I have 2 tractors, Ford 5000 and the Mahindra. I could have cutter, rake, and baler all hooked up and ready if the 4 wheeler will pull the rake. I could mount a long mirror on the 4-wheel maybe to see the windrow. Thanks yall, just trying to plan ahead..........

rc":2psr27mw said:
Dun, it looks similar to the one in your pic. I just got to thinking that I have 2 tractors, Ford 5000 and the Mahindra. I could have cutter, rake, and baler all hooked up and ready if the 4 wheeler will pull the rake. I could mount a long mirror on the 4-wheel maybe to see the windrow. Thanks yall, just trying to plan ahead..........

Most people don't have a need to use the mower and the rake on the same day unless there are three of you and someone can be mowing a second meadow while two other people rake and bale the first. I'd unhook the mower and use the tractor simply for better visibility and a much shorter turning radius.

Latest posts