Whats your weather like today?

Help Support CattleToday:

I guess you folks do get used to it but I don't know if I'm tough enough to try to endure those kinds of temps. We've had alot of 50 and 60 degree days with lows of 30's and 40's at night then we got down to some 15 and 16 degree nights and that was awful. My hat is off to all ya'll in these frigid climates. Do you let your stock run out all the time or try to keep them in barns?

Rustler9":9l8mdpxg said:
I guess you folks do get used to it but I don't know if I'm tough enough to try to endure those kinds of temps. We've had alot of 50 and 60 degree days with lows of 30's and 40's at night then we got down to some 15 and 16 degree nights and that was awful. My hat is off to all ya'll in these frigid climates. Do you let your stock run out all the time or try to keep them in barns?

Its kind of a dry cold we get here.
My stock runs out all the time, I have a couple open faced sheds facing south . Thats the extent of my calving facilities, have not had much use for them lately.We have moved to late spring ,early summer calving.

Last yr we used them for a dozen head or so. bull got out while we were away.And the guy looking after things could,nt seperate him.

Cows winter on my hayfields, hid in or behind the trees when it gets nasty out.Key thing is somewhere for them to get out of the wind.

We don't usually get this frigid, but our cold is a damp cold - goes right thru you - brrrr ! We having a heat wave. Been getting down to -5 at night but 30+ during the day & SUNSHINE - rare days in NY. Love it :lol:

Rain last night, cloudy today with chance of rain....forecast calls for snow on Super Bowl sunday. Yes we do have an weird weather pattern in my area!

Its -20 and we are in the middle of a snow storm here. huge 6 to 7 ft drifts..all over the yard

Jumped up to 54deg. with the snow melting off and soon to be mud up to our hip pockets from over 6 inches of rain in Jan. :shock:
your mud hating friend
Mike

Beautiful sunny day here, snow is a melting but the ice is still thick and the ice fishermen are slammin em. Looks like fish for supper tonight!

CKC1586":11h16m56 said:
Beautiful sunny day here, snow is a melting but the ice is still thick and the ice fishermen are slammin em. Looks like fish for supper tonight!
Were your cows grazin' today? ;-)

Nope, they have been off the pasture since late November and are in the "winter" lots and the pairs are up by the barn. Only grazing they get to do for a while longer will still be at the hay rings. Hopefully we will get an early spring! Of course we hope that every year...
My cows are at my brothers (2 1/2 hours south of me) until I can get my home in Northern Michigan sold and my house and barn built on my property down there. Sure do miss seeing them every day...

well, its gotten downright cold again. the sun's not shining and it feels like its in the negs. its prob not, but its my story. :D ne who. they're callin for snow here today with some places expecting 6-10 inches. as long as its not here. i'm soooooo ready for spring. hope everyone is doin good.

Now this is a woolybear forcast that I can really live with

dun

cat3.jpg

I thought it had been changed to the Hurricaine state or the blue haired yankee state

dun

Latest posts