Whats your weather like today?

Help Support CattleToday:

Never heard of it, Frenchie.

Care to share what the mix is if you find out? Now don't mind me, I'm not much on things mechanical, but does adding kerosene thin out the hydraulic oil? If so, I can understand and appreciate the usefulness of doing that.

Getting warmer here again. Only minus 22 this am. Supposed to get into the teens today, and then tomorrow kicks off several days of snow with averages in the mid twenties. So they say...

Thanks and take care.

It was -30 this morning & they say colder tonight. I am thinking more & more about moving again. I still have no idea why I live here. It is kind of a sore subject every winter. But I am thankful for the sun anyway. Even if it isn't really warming things up ,it seems warmer as long as you don't go outside!

CattleAnnie... kerosene is supposed to help hydraulics stay moving.Just concerned it may hurt the pump.

-minus 34 here this morning. :D

-40 today both fahrenheit and celsius -51 C with the windchill. Set a new record for the coldest its been on Jan 17th in this area ever. This has been a long cold spell. Usually they only last 3 or four days at a time. It has been steady minus 20's and minus 30's here for the last two weeks.

It was -40 here this morning also. I am getting tired of this cold & I am sure the animals are too. They all looked like snow monsters this morning. Hopefully we are going to warm up starting tomorrow. I guess only time will tell!

EEKS! I thought we were cold!! -5 this AM & windy. Was 52 above few days ago. All winter it's been a yo-yo.

How do you keep your HANDS warm? Do you keep your equipment plugged in all the time? I cannot imaging that cold. BURRRRRRRR :shock:

Wind is howling this morning and it is minus 32 degrees C

So we are in windchill of minus 40 plus range right now - cows are fed and happy - in the thick bush. Reminds me of living in the parires today.

Bull and companion steers are laying out in the wind chewing their cud - despite having shelter with lots of bedding only a few feet away. They're on an old straw pile - I suspect there is some heat coming up from below.

Tough beggars - don't seem to mind it at all. Full bellies does make a difference.

Bez

CattleAnnie

I just gave away my last parachute. If you are serious about needing one, I could look around. They're pretty cheap - usually around 50 bucks and many times a lot less.

They work like a hot dang and are easier to play around with than tarps.

I would suspect you would need at least a 28 footer.

Let me know

Bez

I sure don't know who folks can survive in those kinds of arctic weather. If it hits single digits I have a hard time getting motivated to do anything outside.
On this ridge we're located on, of some one eats beans north or south of us we get a 30 mph wind, and that wind cuts right through me.
Jeannes question about keeping your hands warm intrigues me. I wear insulated leather gloves and my fingers still are freezgin after just a few minutes.

dun

Hi Jeanne,
Doubling the mittens helps. I usually get a polar fleece pair that I tuck into a thick cowhide set. Suprisingly enough, if you're busy outsides your hands will stay warm...usually.

Hey Bez,
I'm going parachute hunting at our Northern Metallic store after college is done. If I don't find one there, I'll have to use you for lead on one.

Sure hope today is better than yesterday. I was hooked up to the tanker trailer yesterday, and practicing reversing to a loading dock. Got too dam close to a snowbank and got to perfect throwing a set of jewelry on the front drivers. Bloody cold with a -36 windchill wriggling around in the snow! Well, the upside is that if I screw everything up when I'm at school maybe I'll be less prone to it when I'm on the road.

Well...that' my profound wish, anyway. Gotta jet, getting late.

Take care

My neice and her husband drove long haul for a couple of years. It was funny that he never did get really good at backing in. While my niece could back in around a maize and through a needle. That's the only thing she was ever any good at. They quit because she couldn't sleep in a sleeper on the road. Never understood why they didn;t start doing short haul.

dun

Woke up here this morning to a heat wave :D 22 F wow.....but its trying to rain....oh well. its a nice break anyhow.

This morning at 6:00 it was 57 above and it was pouring down rain. Yesterday they set a new record rainfall for that date in Seattle and it was one of the driest parts of Western Washington. The satellite pictures show a ban of clouds that runs clear to Hawaii. Last week was clear and cold, this week there are flood warnings for most of the rivers. 2,700 miles of pineapple express aimed right at me. This is all caused by the fact that the first of the cows is starting to bag up. It always rains when I am calving. Someday I think I will breed some cows to calf in the summer. That way I can either find out what it is like to calf during dry weather or I will get some much needed summer rain on the pastures.
Dave

Hey Bez,
No go on the parachute. Turns out they order them in once a year from the US in September and by the end of September they're sold out of the smaller sizes. All they have left in stock are the 64' ones and they run about $300. a piece...too huge and too expensive for this outfit. Any ideas on where I can find any?

Thanks and keep your toque on.

Take care.

Yikes - and to think I gave away about a 48 footer - maybe I was too good hearted.

I'll hunt around for ya'

back to ya' in the near future,

Bez

we broke the freezin mark here for the first time in a couple weeks. We been in the 5 to 15 range for a bit. Today was nearly 40. Trouble is, it's gonna take 2 weeks above 50 to melt the 4" of ice offa my driveway :mad:

george

Ever have a moment when you say something and desperately want to immediately get those words back into your mouth!? Well this news lady sure had one of these moments with the weather man....

This had most of the state of Michigan laughing for 2 days and a very embarrassed female news anchor who will, in the future, likely think before she speaks. What happens when you predict snow but don't get any....a true story... We had a female news anchor who, the day after it was supposed to have snowed and didn't, turned to the weatherman and asked: "So Bob,where's that 8 inches you promised me last night?" Not only did HE have to leave the set, but half the crew did too they were laughing! so hard!

Latest posts