Whats your weather like today?

Help Support CattleToday:

It was 1 below this morning, it's 8 degrees now, It's been snowing about 2 hours now this is our first major snow of the season (we had 3 inches last week) it's supposed to snow heavy tonite with high winds, I plow snow part time for the township so I expect to be called soon

CKC, thanks for posting that 'blooper'. I've still got tears from laughing so hard. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Take care.

ps. It's chinooking! A balmy ten below right now...just crossing my fingers that we don't get the freezing rain that's forecast for today.

Well, I'd love a chinook about now. It's 25 below and snowing to beat the band. I didn't think we could get so much snow at so cold a temp. It's been colder here (for the past 3 days) than where I used to live in Saskatchewan, and colder than the Yukon! BRRRRR!

I just have to say.. you Canucks are just TOUGH. I couldn't stand that kind of weather anymore.. unless I had the luxury of staying inside until summer!

Our temperatures dropped from upper 50's this morning to upper 30's right now, with a 40 mph north wind that is making it flat COLD! I can stand it for a day.. put hay out yesterday so I would be set until next week. It will be 60's by next Friday.

I feel for the folks in the northeast today! Burrr!!!

I still want to see Annie pull start that tractor with a parachute.

Yesterday the high was 37, at midnight, low of 12 again at midnight a few minutes ago. Dropped into the 20 range for most of the day. 30-40 mph winds with gusts over 50. Supposed to be much warmer today. Low 30s with only 10-15 mph winds. Then into the 50's for the next week.

dun

High 80 yesterday,low 39 tonight. I believe it was you Dun that said this is rough on them cows. Well ,bout 3 p.m. it was already down in the 70's and i've got this little red Limi bull that has hair about 3" long,was standin' there with his head down. Looked like he was prayin' for the weather to make up it's mind either get cold or get hot.
:lol:

The weather here today is absolutely bonkers. Last weekend it was around 40 below zero. All week it's been around the mid minus twenties.

Today is is RAINING! :shock: And has been steadily since 9:30 am.

Not looking forward to the mess we're going to be in once it quits pouring and freezes. :cry:

The Gods must be crazy.

Take care and dig out your slicker.

Thermo on the puter says -12. And the wind is howeling.
Gonna have frozen water pipes in the morning, YIPPEE :mad:

certherfbeef":aaew51qu said:
Thermo on the puter says -12. And the wind is howeling.
Gonna have frozen water pipes in the morning, YIPPEE :mad:

Yall are tougher than I am hats off to you. I think this low 30's upper 20's is BS.

With you Campground. We got our coldest weather of the year this morning. Woke up to low 30's. Weather like this can be disastrous for those of us growing crops year round. I'm ready for some Kenny Chesney weather. My deep sea fishing tackle is starting to get dusty.

Friday night we had a first calf heifer spit out a Macho heifer calf - it was minus 19 degrees F. Calf jumped right up & was sucking in 15 minutes, than spent the rest of the night under the heat lamp. It got to minus 21F. We're hoping her ears are OK. Didn't feel stiff or swolen the next morning.

I have to ask - these Canadian temps, are they F or C?? If they are F, I KNOW I couldn't take it!!!

Jeanne - Simme Valley":2yj59jb1 said:
I have to ask - these Canadian temps, are they F or C?? If they are F, I KNOW I couldn't take it!!!

Jeanne the Canadian system is in Celsius. The temps I post are in F,

At - 40F its the same as -40 celsius.

I couldn't handle canadian weather either. i'm sitting at work now at 6:20 a.m. freezing my tush off inside a building that's heated. :( weather.com says its 28F out, but darn it, it feels colder. and we've actually had some pretty decent weather. had our first snow in about a month earlier this week, thurs i think, and it was melted and muddy as all get out by that afternoon. we've had an unusual january thaw. don't get one of these too often. hope everyone is staying warm and safe.

cowgirl580":3t36gxk1 said:
I couldn't handle canadian weather either. i'm sitting at work now at 6:20 a.m. freezing my tush off inside a building that's heated.

Ah cowgirl580 you get used to the cold, You make the best of it
for example I have a hard time keeping my kids in the house when its only -20 F. They want to go outside and go sliding or skating

-20 - HEATWAVE :shock:
We reached 20 and found it "balmy" :D Supposed to be in the 30's for a high all week. Heaven.
Yesterday, we had a sunny (very unusual for here) no wind 20 degree day. We were busy working in the barn, and I spotted a cow outside with her tail out, circling. So I got the gates ready in the barn & had to move some cattle outside that we were clipping for a sale. By the time I did that - maybe 15 minutes - the calf was born. My husband was worried, but I said just leave her. It's warmer outside today than it has been in the barn for all the other calves born. So she was fine. We moved her into the barn later for the night. She'll go back out today.

I suppose you do get used to it, eventually. :D i've lived here in colorado for the past 11 yrs and i'm still not real used to the cold and snow and stuff. course, i can't complain too much since we don't have near as much snow this yr as we normally do. its been and odd yr. we got more rain in dec and jan then we did most of last summer. too weird. :?

Latest posts