Whats your weather like today?

Help Support CattleToday:

It was -25 this morning , awful NW winds last night but, thankfully the wind has died down alot right now. It is noon now & still -10.

D.R. Cattle":blgdwznt said:
You folks are making me shiver just to think about it. Man I love living in Florida.

Just imagine how my mom felt moving from Sanford Florida to the wilds of northernSaskatchewan in good old 1924. My aunt says my mom froze all that summer, all winter, 2 nd summer before she acclimatized to it.

Funny thing can,t get my aunt to move to town even though she lives alone in an isolated area at 86 yrs of age.

38 and sunny here. We had a massive front push through yesterday. We had been in the 70s the last several days before that.

I'm just glad to see the sun. Today is the first day of sun that we have seen in 2005.

JB

Cold front blew in Thursday and dropped the temps down. Supposed to be highs in the upper 50's and lows in the mid 30's for the next 5-7 days with sunny skies. My A.C. finally gets a breather.

It's mighty chilly here again. Thermometer said minus 41 around 11 a.m. Going to have to make another appointment at the glass shop...was so cold that the mirror on my passenger side door of my pickup shattered.
Seems like that happens at least once a winter.

Thank God the wind hasn't picked up yet...that and the fact that the cows aren't calving yet. Neighbour that has a ranch near a coulee called this morning...it's warmed up at his place, only minus 50 this a.m, but yesterday he was getting a minus 57 reading. Ugh! Time to double up the longjohns and toques.

Take care and stay warm.

Was good and cold here in Saskatoon this morning, -39C on the thermometer and -53 with the wind at 8am. Sure made the first couple classes a lot smaller and gave a whole new appreciation to the tunnels between buildings on campus after the walk to school.

Mike

From the weather site for today:

Today .. Sunny. Wind northwest 30 km/h becoming light this morning. High minus 25. Extreme wind chill minus 52 this morning with hazardous frostbite conditions

Sure hope we can get the tractor going today. I'd give Honey's left you-know-what for a parachute...

Take care and wear a toque,eh.........

CattleAnnie":1deksw9l said:
From the weather site for today:

Today .. Sunny. Wind northwest 30 km/h becoming light this morning. High minus 25. Extreme wind chill minus 52 this morning with hazardous frostbite conditions

Sure hope we can get the tractor going today. I'd give Honey's left you-know-what for a parachute...

Take care and wear a toque,eh.........
That would be pretty windy to be able to pull start a tractor( at minus 25) with a parachute.

Heeheehee!

Funny Ollie! Nah, actually just in case you're not kidding, the parachute is to put over the tractor while you've got a tiger torch underneath it when trying to warm it up enough to start on very cold days that you wished you lived in Jamaica and would be worrying about getting the sand out of the bottom of your swimsuit and tripping over the odd cocoanut instead of tripping over frozen cowturds and swearing like a sailor because your finger just froze onto the nut that you had to turn but couldn't get to with your mitts on and then you remember that in another few months this will all be a pleasant memory because you'll be trying to outrun onery mother cows when you're over the top of your gumboots in cowcrap and mud and then it will be summer and you'll fondly remember those cute calves during calving season while you use your shotgun to thin out mosquitos and gingerly rub the bruises left from three hundred pound calves at branding day and that's the funny thing about life - there's always something to look forward to and generally when you look back you say "nah" that wasn't so bad and now I'm tired of trying to write the world's longest run on sentence so have a most excellent day, Ollie.

;-)

Take care

have you guys that live where it's below 0 ever thought about moving down south where it's warmer? How do you and/or your cattle survive? Gets below 32 only around once a year here. Yall make me cold just thinking about it!

9 ER":sh1xxaby said:
have you guys that live where it's below 0 ever thought about moving down south where it's warmer? How do you and/or your cattle survive? Gets below 32 only around once a year here. Yall make me cold just thinking about it!

Yep thought about it lots this morning. :lol: :lol: :lol: ...years ago I seriously thought of moving to South America.

CattleAnnie have you ever or do you know anyone who has mixed kerosene in a hydraulic system. I know guys do it in the bush. Just don,t how much kerosene to use.

Latest posts