What's your Sunday afternoons like?

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
I like to scoot on home from church. While the wife and kids are eating, I "try" to count every cow/calf/bull/stocker on the place. Seldom successful in getting the right number. Then, do whatever is on the kids minds for the afternoon. We'll rope about 2 1/2 to 3 hours, and then enjoy some time in the woods. It's youth weekend here for deer. Perfect weather for both. How bout you?

This picture reminds me of days past when my Children were little and we rode our Horses almost daily. Now the Children are adults with Children, but we still have those wonderful memories. You are doing the right thing.

Well this week was pastor appreciation so we had service then we had to get dinner ready for the whole church then got home and now im sitting on the couch watching football (i work 6 days a week so i almost all way just relax on sunday) then it will be back to church then back home get some thing to eat watch more football then go to sleep

I like to accomplish something every weekend day that I can't work on/complete of the evening during the week. Today I cut a large tree up that was across the hot wire and got it moved.

I spend most Sunday afternoons teaching my grandkids how to do stuff I would never let my kids do (according to my kids).

Love the pics! I like the bell boots on the horse in the center in the 1st pic.

Today my husband did a little catch up work at a job for a couple of hours, I did 2 loads laundry, we both worked on getting the chimney, stove pipes and wood stove cleaned and ready for winter.

Just another work day here. Took a tour through spring herd and then hauled bales home rest of day. Hopefully only 4 more days of hauling. Itching to get trackhoe back in and getting to work on projects.

We go to the 9:00 AM mass and get out at 10:00.....go eat a late breakfast then go home and just goof off the rest of the day unless something comes up. Today I watched a football game and the NASCAR race then decided to fill the deer feeder again with corn (had been empty two weeks). Seldom really plan anything for Sunday's. It's truly a day of rest around here.

Sundays are our busiest day. I start out with feeding and seeing to cattle, then hoping to have time to get some coffee, before heading out to Sunday school and church. then we get home and get some dinner and head towards the mountains to another church started by our home church, where we help out with services there. Then back to home and feed any cattle that are in the barns or lots, and eat a quick supper before heading back to our home church, for Sunday evening service.
Afterwards, we come back home and hit the recliners, which is the point we are at right now.

Went to Sunday School and Church this morning. After services we went to our favorite restaurant for lunch. Then on to purchase a few groceries. Came home and watched GA SC game . Thankful GA had a win today! We did leave at halftime to go check cows. Happy to find a new calf!
My cousin was getting the field ready to plant rye. Could not believe the dust! We got only a light shower here in my part of Middle GA from the hurricane. We really needed a good rain.
Had just time to get ready to go back to church when we got in. My afternoon went by too fast!

No matter where in the world I might happen to be, every Sunday morning, very nearly no matter what else is going on, I go for a walk with my wife and we have lunch together. This time of year, Sunday afternoons are watching football. Other times of year, roping, going flying or take a cruise around ranch and keep the pigs and squirrels honest.

Bigfoot":1vg4vsyr said:
Things went from good to better:

The slaughter house was closed yesterday, and I knew I needed an early start this morning. I didn't want to be butchering that deer all night. I gave it to some migrant workers. I wouldn't call it an act of kindness, I'd consider it them doing me a favor. Anyway, long story short, it was about as appreciated I've ever felt. Lots of smiles, lots of hand shakes, lots of pats on the back.

Latest posts