Happy Resurrection Sunday

Help Support CattleToday:

Was up early to feed so I could make the 8am service, and then the pancake breakfast afterwards. Had T-bone steak and shrimp at noon. Now I am watching A Bridge Too Far on TV.

Been a beautiful sunny day here. Started out in the mid 30's but warmed up stead, was low 60's when we left after church service.
They had a Son rise service and a breakfast before Sunday school. Didn't make that, have to really step to get outside work done before Sunday school. Then in church we observed both of our ordinances, had two Baptisms and the Lord's Supper. We left after the main service, but they were having an Easter egg hunt after church.
We go to a smaller church out in the county just a few miles down the road from where we live. The church sits on a hill and across the road from it is a farm. Kind of neat to walk down the steps afterwards and look over and see cattle grazing.

We left after the main service, but they were having an Easter egg hunt after church.
So nice to know 'christian' churches are participating in the traditions of Ishtar... he said, sarcastically.

Beware of the traditions of men that make void the word of God. Matthew 15: 8-9

Last edited:
Been a beautiful sunny day here. Started out in the mid 30's but warmed up stead, was low 60's when we left after church service.
They had a Son rise service and a breakfast before Sunday school. Didn't make that, have to really step to get outside work done before Sunday school. Then in church we observed both of our ordinances, had two Baptisms and the Lord's Supper. We left after the main service, but they were having an Easter egg hunt after church.
We go to a smaller church out in the county just a few miles down the road from where we live. The church sits on a hill and across the road from it is a farm. Kind of neat to walk down the steps afterwards and look over and see cattle grazing.
Church was packed this morning. Normal Sunday we have 250-300. This morning it had to be pushing 400. We had something like 14 or 15 Baptisms after the sermon. They actually did a sun rise service at a church a few blocks away. Sort of a joint community service.

Church was packed this morning. Normal Sunday we have 250-300. This morning it had to be pushing 400. We had something like 14 or 15 Baptisms after the sermon. They actually did a sun rise service at a church a few blocks away. Sort of a joint community service.
There is a joint community event here on Good Friday where they walk with a cross.
The church we attend now averages ~ 70 today was probably well over 100.

Not being sacreligious or anything.

I used to sometimes think about--- being an iCU nurse and all, what ---What if Christ had lived longer? What more would he have had to teach? I imagined flying back in time with a Medivac helicopter. How that would scare the Roman guards tortueing him, throwing down their spears and running away. And start an IV, treat for shock, fly away and try to save Jesus life

Then one day I was driving in the mountains on Easter Day thinking about this. Beautiful music was on the radio. Then a voice came on and read - about the women weeping at his tomb "And the angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; for He has risen just as he said! Right then I got it. And tears of joy started pouring down my face.

He is risen indeed.

Sermon today was different and convicting: we best celebrate the resurrection by dying to sin and living for Him. For myself I've been going through some difficult circumstances and my sense of joy and purpose has waned.

Latest posts