What's your Sunday afternoons like?

Help Support CattleToday:

This time of year, after church I come home and eat breakfast, then kick back in front of the TV. Watch football until halftime, when I put it on Pause and lay back for my nap. The TV wakes me when it comes back on automatically 1-1/2 hours later. I watch the rest of the game, then it depends on what I do the rest of the day, but it won't be much.

Yesterday I was selling hay and watching football. Had to help a young woman load it though, b/c her husband has hay allergies (as do I). Sounds like a convenient excuse to stay home and watch football if you ask me.... :devil2:

Bestoutwest":2byswqbx said:
Yesterday I was selling hay and watching football. Had to help a young woman load it though, b/c her husband has hay allergies (as do I). Sounds like a convenient excuse to stay home and watch football if you ask me.... :devil2:

When I was kid, I asked my dad why none of us had allergies. He said we couldn't afford em.

After church I went over to a pasture I pulled the cows out of on Friday and picked up the fence charger and water pump. Opened all the gates so the duck hunters wouldn't do it and end up with them on the ground. Went and got my hunting license (deer season opens this Saturday). Drove up to a rock pit in the hills where everyone sights in their rifles. Shot a 1.5 inch group resting over the hood of the pickup. Called that good. Came home and pushed up feed for the heifers. By then it was raining pretty good so I called it a day and watched football. Somehow I forgot to watch the Presidential debate.......

Bigfoot":1yq3txn4 said:
Bestoutwest":1yq3txn4 said:

When I was kid, I asked my dad why none of us had allergies. He said we couldn't afford em.

Oh I like that. I can understand if they totally wipe you out, but a little sniffle never killed anyone.

Bestoutwest":1e8gaq3t said:
Bigfoot":1e8gaq3t said:
Bestoutwest":1e8gaq3t said:

Oh I like that. I can understand if they totally wipe you out, but a little sniffle never killed anyone.

That's what I was thinking. My mom, brother, and I all have allergies, but it has never gotten any of us out of the hay field.

Bigfoot":ct7ka93b said:
Things went from good to better:
Looks like a great deer and a proud kid!!! One thing, not to criticize; please have the gun pointed behind him when he poses with the deer, or in the opposite direction. It made me catch my breath to see it pointed right at him. I am sure you all had it unloaded, and are very careful, just made me think of an accident that a friend had once.....

farmerjan":21l52cub said:
Bigfoot":21l52cub said:
Things went from good to better:
Looks like a great deer and a proud kid!!! One thing, not to criticize; please have the gun pointed behind him when he poses with the deer, or in the opposite direction. It made me catch my breath to see it pointed right at him. I am sure you all had it unloaded, and are very careful, just made me think of an accident that a friend had once.....

You are exactly right. We should have left our hunter orange on as well.

greybeard":3lz1jj9h said:
I'll be honest here.......
Sunday afternoons are spent doing whatever my wife tells me to do.
GB I think you just wont the "honesty" award. :lol2: :lol2: :clap: :clap:

I washed clothes. Moved the chickens. Both chicken tractors and pens. Cleaned the nesting boxes. Put out three round bales. Pulled up 4 cedar trees with a chain and then pulled a bois darc too. Gonna put a sea land in a slot. Hated to pull that bois darc but its gotta go. I folded clothes and hung clothes. Watched some football. Made some phone calls. Showered and watched the debates. Pretty slow day.

Weekends are the time I have to actually get work down on the farm. So it's usually early to rise and get some work done then take the wife out for Sunday morning breakfast and hopefully beat the church crowd.

Then back to the farm to work for the afternoon until we head to my moms for Sunday dinner.

Bestoutwest":2jrs22qj said:
Lmao I have a buddy that's "allergic" to grass. He won't mow the yard. His wife does it.

I can't believe she doesn't tell him tough go mow.

Great pictures Bigfoot! My Sunday's are usually centered around spending time with family... First we go to Church and then a big lunch at the house where all the family gets together (makes it easy when everyone either lives on the farm or less than a mile from it). I try not to do any work unless it is absolutely necessary (like calving season). We go to church again Sunday evening and recharge ourselves for the start of a new week!

Latest posts