What's wrong with this picture

Help Support CattleToday:

Double bar accounts for 1 percent of all lawyers in the state. It shows an extreme knowledge of florida law. Not just enough to pass a bar exam

hooknline":2dmg3a8w said:
There weas a voice expert that said he could say with 50 percent certainty it was the thugs voice. Using a recording from 911, taken 50 yards away from the fight by a witness calling 911, in the rain.
With no comparison voice from the thuglet.
Now how can anyone call themselves an expert using that for a voice comparison
Would you have to be a expert to say it was a 50/50 chance between the 2 guys? Or are there a lot of voices on the recording?

50/50 does not make an expert to me.

Because the expert said 50/50 chance does not mean he isn't an expert. It only means the owner of the voice can't be determined from the recording in his expert opinion.

True gp, but the joke is using a voice sample under those conditions. Any expert would much rather say " I can't use this sample to make a determination."
Instead the expert saw his or her 5 minutes of fame

ga.prime":xp45fomd said:
Because the expert said 50/50 chance does not mean he isn't an expert. It only means the owner of the voice can't be determined from the recording in his expert opinion.
There were only 2 people in the scuffle....doesn't take an expert to figure out 50/50 chance. :lol2:

TexasBred":3gesjmss said:
ga.prime":3gesjmss said:
There were only 2 people in the scuffle....doesn't take an expert to figure out 50/50 chance. :lol2:
It does when you have one side saying it's one guy and the other side saying it's the other guy.

ga.prime":9q10vux7 said:
TexasBred":9q10vux7 said:
ga.prime":9q10vux7 said:
It does when you have one side saying it's one guy and the other side saying it's the other guy.
That IS 50:50

So there's a dispute whose voice it is and someone, I don't know who, calls in an expert and says settle this dispute about whose voice this is and the expert studies the recording and says "it can't be determined from the recording whose voice it is - it's a 50/50 guess either way." I don't see how that's funny or a joke or inexpert. He answered the question as an expert. Whether his opinion will be believed and accepted by all parties involved is doubtful.

The problem is Ben that no one took a good sample from the only living
Person left in the dispute. They are using a recording in the rain, over a cell phone, to 911 that is recorded. There is so much degradation in the recording it's impossible to say one way or the other.
By this expert made a determination off it. That alone calls his credibility into question.

The guy hunted down this kid because he thought he fit a certain profile, people just can't kill kids because they are wearing hoodies and walking in a neighborhood, just because they think they are protecting something. I can't believe it took that long to arrst and charge the guy, I can't see how he thinks he was acting in self defense, you can bet if the situation was reversed and the kid would have killed the white man-his butt would have been hauled off to jail that very same night. Now his own Mom is saying she thinks it was an accident? I don't get it-they were madder than heck, blaming this guy from day one, now it was an accident? If this was my kid, walking around, and some maniac came and hunted him down, pulled a gun on him, I would not be calling this an accident, i would want the guy to pay for killing my son-This shouldn't be about race, when has it become justifiable for people to be vigialanties and kill others?

Gmn, quit watching the news and read the reports for yourself. I posted links to some.
The media has spun this worse than they did the Obama campaign.
Think for yourself, don't
Let the media, or me for that fact, do the thinking for you

ga.prime":1pge8zdh said:
So there's a dispute whose voice it is and someone, I don't know who, calls in an expert and says settle this dispute about whose voice this is and the expert studies the recording and says "it can't be determined from the recording whose voice it is - it's a 50/50 guess either way." I don't see how that's funny or a joke or inexpert. He answered the question as an expert. Whether his opinion will be believed and accepted by all parties involved is doubtful.
ga he was 100% correct too....2 possibilities..50:50 or 50:50. :mrgreen:

hooknline":356ymz1q said:
Gmn, quit watching the news and read the reports for yourself. I posted links to some.
The media has spun this worse than they did the Obama campaign.
Think for yourself, don't
Let the media, or me for that fact, do the thinking for you

:nod:

Latest posts