Whats in the tank for this springs breeding?

Help Support CattleToday:

Stickney94 said:
YoungAngusCattle said:
I put 4 of these in

I put 2 of these embryos in

I also bred a handful of commercial cows with sexed Bruiser and a few of my best angus cows with sexed SAV Extension.

Interesting matings. What's your market for those offspring (assuming you are selling them as registered breeding stock -- who is buying them)?

They are hopefully gonna start a foundation for the direction I wanna go with my herd.

We have a lot of fescue grass in my area and most breeders around me aren't breeding angus cows for our environment( there's a lot of show stock breeders by me PVF, Dameron etc etc).

I'm a firm believer in having a set goal to breed towards otherwise you'll get nowhere. My goal is to bred angus that shed quick( in my limited experience that seems to be a good indication that those animals will do better on fescue), are really feed efficient animals, and last a long time in the herd as mommas(calf on time every year without problems and wean a profitable calf compared to the inputs that cow needed). I think it'll should be fairly easy to market anything like that too commercial guys, it's important to remember who is buying seedstock and what they need those animals to do. That's my plan anyway, I just gotta keep an eye on my frame size and hopefully not get animals so efficient they are inefficient(if that makes sense.)

I figured Coleman was a good place as any too start. They last auction they had there were some Bohi Abigail x 807 embryos that I couldn't quite choke up the money to bid on, maybe someday.

Latest posts