What's in a name?

Help Support CattleToday:

DRB

Reaction score
Do many of you have names for your ranches/farms?? I've been on the same place for 25 years...but recently decided to name it Cedar Rail Farm.. I've seen Malarkey Farm...Buzzard Turd Farm...Mine is Cedar Rail because of a fence I've built on a good portion of the place...Why is yours named what it is?What are some weird/funny names you have seen?

DRB":27x8hgms said:
Do many of you have names for your ranches/farms?? I've been on the same place for 25 years...but recently decided to name it Cedar Rail Farm.. I've seen Malarkey Farm...Buzzard Turd Farm...Mine is Cedar Rail because of a fence I've built on a good portion of the place...Why is yours named what it is?What are some weird/funny names you have seen?

Mine is named LOST HOPE RANCH. We have plenty Bitter Weeds and Scrub Cows.
Besides that I don't know why.

Our farm is named Lonesome Oak Farm. There are 7 very large Pecan trees around the farm house, and at the time, there was one large Post Oak. The one oak looked "lonesome" among the Pecan trees, hence the name. The oak got struck by lightning and died, so now we are lonesome without our shade tree. Guess it fits.

There is a farm down the road named Roundtoit Farm. I guess they do things when they get a roundtoit.

Rockin' H because of our brand, grandparents are LonePine because of the lone pine out in the yard that's dead now....

Dad calls his place White Oak Hollow -- he lives in the hollow next to White Oak creek.

We call our new place in Florida, Mystic Hammock. The house is built in the middle of a hammock and it's dark and mysterious in there.

Ann B

we call ours the Train Wreck Ranch. Which was named by the trucker 3 years ago that dropped off our first 2 pot loads of cattle, and 15 minutes later they had broke through the hot wire, and were EVERYWHERE! He called his 3 sons on the cell phone and told them to bring the pickups 'cause we had a train wreck over here. We got our last runaway back 7 months later and almost 40 miles from home, and already calved!

Best one I have seen is "Bellyacres".

Campground came from the Campground Baptist Church and Cemetary which is down the road from the house where most of my family now reside.

O.K., so I bugger this post, and couldn't delete it. That's why you are reading this, and there are two from me... smile

I call my place Sunshine Ranch... Friends at work call me sunshine, and being around the animals always brightens up my life :D

Our farm doesn't have a name but I've seen a farm up near Waco that is called 'Lazy Ass Ranch' they have donkeys. I thought that was so cute.

DRB":2cnaf1iw said:

Buzzard Turd Farm...now that's original! D.R. Ranch named because wife said she was done running once we settled on it, but I'm thinking about running one more time to get away from the yankees and population. Guess I'd have to name it "DRA" Ranch for Dun Runnin Again. Father in law uses the brand "9HL" for 9 hard lives.

How about Poor Boy Ranch. That seems to fit everyone in the cattle buisness.

I've seen "Busted Ass Ranch" that raises donkeys/mules & horses.

When we had dairy cows, we were CT Longshot Dairy...it was only fitting to change to Longshot Cattle when we took the "long shot" at switching to Beefers! Besides that, my husband isn't very original and he says if I named the place he wouldn't be able to pronounce it!!!

Jay":2zovzh7o said:
I've seen "Busted Ass Ranch" that raises donkeys/mules & horses.

There's one in TN called Half Ass Acres. They raise miniature donkeys.

Latest posts