What's her cross?

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
100_0290.jpg

Mostly seeing if I have figured out how to post an image, but I often wondered on the cross of this cow, any thoughts?

Alan

I don't know her cross, she is deeped bodied like a dairy breed, crossed her to a Hereford she throws a nice calf and seems to have lots of milk (good growth on her calf). I thought maybe a Simi/Jersey? Also she is a nut, not mean, just high strung.

Alan

I wouldn't say that she was any deeper bodied than the average Hereford cow. CSB may be right, but there are a number of possibilities. If she wasn't so slick, I've seen Herf Limi crosses that were colored like that.

I used to milk jersey cows and bred them to a hereford bull to raise beef cows from the heifers. She looks exactly like the majority of those crossbred cows. The main difference is that none of them were high strung or silly. There are also crosses that resemble her, limo x hereford, being the closest, but she is too slick and light boned for that----I believe she has both hereford and jersey in her cross

sidney411":2u6sl73y said:
I'd saw she looks like a good momma to me.

i agree... looks like the keeping kind to me..

jt

Thanks I too think shes probably Hereford and Jersy. The rest of the story, as I stated I was mostly trying to figure out how to post an image.

Last summer she paniced going into a hold pen for the sqeeze shoot, brushed by my 72 yr old dad knocking him over, he was okay. She tried running me over later that year, she was the only one I had that would test the fence and go through it. Final straw was she showed up open and in heat las Dec., not worth the hay. You can now she her in the meat depts in our area. But she was a good mama and dropped a great calf...not worth the headaches.

Alan

Alan":86nbzmon said:
Thanks I too think shes probably Hereford and Jersy. The rest of the story, as I stated I was mostly trying to figure out how to post an image.

Last summer she paniced going into a hold pen for the sqeeze shoot, brushed by my 72 yr old dad knocking him over, he was okay. She tried running me over later that year, she was the only one I had that would test the fence and go through it. Final straw was she showed up open and in heat las Dec., not worth the hay. You can now she her in the meat depts in our area. But she was a good mama and dropped a great calf...not worth the headaches.

Alan

i retract my previous post :lol: high strung is one thing, not crazy about em, but will put up with em if they raise good calves... BUT getting after me and running into fences is totally another deal...... she woulda grown wheels at my place open or not...

jt

It wasn't like she was mean and would come after you in the pasture, if she was in a spot she didn't want to be in she got to the point she would just go through you. I threatened to shoot her more than once and often when I went to move her I had a 2x4. She's gone and peace has once again been restore on our place.

Alan":2rg2itkx said:
100_0290.jpg

Mostly seeing if I have figured out how to post an image, but I often wondered on the cross of this cow, any thoughts?

Alan
At first blush I would guess Gelpvieh x Simmental or Red Angus x Simmental. What do you Genetic Experts think?

DOC HARRIS":7l8fg307 said:
Alan":7l8fg307 said:
100_0290.jpg

Alan
At first blush I would guess Gelpvieh x Simmental or Red Angus x Simmental. What do you Genetic Experts think?
On second blush, I would say she is a 'GONNER'.

Latest posts