What weight do you sell?

Help Support CattleToday:

denvermartinfarms":2h4o7017 said:
bigbull338":2h4o7017 said:
most years we sell heavy bull calves at 650 to 800lbs.but this year we sold the calves at 350 to 500lbs.
Why do you sell bulls, around here i can't afford to leave them bulls. It's a pretty big hit on calves over 600lbs.
Southern calves are already discounted because of their lower quality genetics. They produce lower quality carcasses and because of that fact these calves attract a different kind of buyer, one who is less concerned with quality. The type of buyer who is trying to fill pen space, more of a quantity over quality individual.

denvermartinfarms":3ljroc8o said:
I don't know about texas, but i find that very hard to belive about Ok, i still think that quality has to pay.
Quality has to pay everywhere and whatisgmo is an idiot that has been here before under a different name.

whatisgmo":no4y6onu said:
denvermartinfarms":no4y6onu said:
bigbull338":no4y6onu said:
most years we sell heavy bull calves at 650 to 800lbs.but this year we sold the calves at 350 to 500lbs.
Why do you sell bulls, around here i can't afford to leave them bulls. It's a pretty big hit on calves over 600lbs.
Southern calves are already discounted because of their lower quality genetics. They produce lower quality carcasses and because of that fact these calves attract a different kind of buyer, one who is less concerned with quality. The type of buyer who is trying to fill pen space, more of a quantity over quality individual.

:bs: