What to breed Reg. Angus Heifer To?

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus Cattle Shower

Reaction score
Dpes anyone have any suggestiioins of what to breed her to? She is a Triple Threat Daughter, and her dam is a Rancher's Choice cow. Would like to have one that will pack the puonds onto a bull calf, and with calving ease... basically Gut sand Nuts. She is a heifer. She weighs 897.
Thanks in Advance!

Angus Cattle Shower":3jmu2m3h said:
Dpes anyone have any suggestiioins of what to breed her to? She is a Triple Threat Daughter, and her dam is a Rancher's Choice cow. Would like to have one that will pack the puonds onto a bull calf, and with calving ease... basically Gut sand Nuts. She is a heifer. She weighs 897.
Thanks in Advance!

I don't know much about angus bloodlines, but we have used both Hall of Fame, and Canyon on our commercial heifers. We have not had any trouble calving either out, and Hall of Fame will pack the pounds on the calves. Don't know about Canyon, but he has good EPD's too. They were both in the Genex book I think.

Angus Cattle Shower":p9dem5ov said:
Thanks in Advance!

Don't worry so much about packing the pounds on a first calfer and look for a proven calving ease sire. Alberta Traveler, Freightliner, PFred, GAR Expectation, 878, 1407, 6I6, lots and lots of proven calving ease bulls. Does she have enough frame, enough milk, etc? Carcass quality? Look for a bull that will compliment her. And for the show inclined, I understand Northern Improvement is popular.

Latest posts