What the bull??

Help Support CattleToday:

mitchwi

Reaction score
I see many posts discussing these numbers, %, etc if there is someplace that goes through each category and corresponding data associated with it I would love to check it out....or if someone is willing to fill me in on the info I would greatly appreciate that as well!! Thank you!

ok, I am trying to paste in something and I can't get it to work, I made a copy of a bull classification thing, pasted it into word and now I am trying to copy and paste it into this post...is this possible? Can someone help me?

I am looking for info on
Johne's Classification?
EPD's BW,WW,MI,YW (these all have to rows of numbers)
CE,SCR,IMF,REA BF,RP,$F,$G,$B,MatWW,MatCE
LowBWEPD (checked or not checked)
Performance
Index
B.Wgt
WDA
ADG
Frame
Scrotal
REA
%Marbling
Back Fat
Final WGT

Maybe....I don't know.....what I want to know is, for example...
Index...(first on the list) says 102.1% what does this mean?
and to your question....is that good for Angus, but not Hereford?

My problem is I see this chart on a bull, and the only thing I can figure out on it, is the name the owner, the parents, the grandparents....EVERYTHING else might as well be a foreign language.....I would like to be somewhat knowledgeable...or at least get on the right track to learning about it....too many people are talking about these numbers and I KNOW SQUAT!

Mitch,
I know that most of the charts don't copy and past here real well but, maybe you can paste a section at a time and the more number savvy members here can run through what each number means, and why it is there.

Look on the papers next to the name and give us the registration # of the animal. The name does not come up under the Angus Assoc. database. It is Angus right?