What should I do?

Help Support CattleToday:

mwingler

Reaction score
I have 11 acre hay field that has a lot of clover and grass hay in it. Next year I am wanting to put something else in it also. It will need to be something that dosen't need to be drilled something like clover that you can just broadcast out. I am in southern Indiana

mwingler":15a4ut3x said:
I have 11 acre hay field that has a lot of clover and grass hay in it. Next year I am wanting to put something else in it also. It will need to be something that dosen't need to be drilled something like clover that you can just broadcast out. I am in southern Indiana

:???: Welcome to C.T. I guess im confused the field has alot of clover and grass in it but you want to add something that doesnt need to be drilled? Why do you feel the need to add something else to the mix? Less can be more sometimes.

I would agree, I'm not sure I understand why. If you could explain why, it would help someone make a suggestion.

mwingler":2a1mqzlg said:
What kind of grasses and clover do you have already? do you have any Timothy? orchardgrass?

I am just curious!!! it is just regular grass hay with red clover in it.

mwingler":lez6d1ya said:
I am just curious!!! it is just regular grass hay with red clover in it.
What is "regular" grass? It has to be some specific grass, not sure what is the common grasses in that area. Unless there is significant open dirt or a type of grass the cows won;t eat I don;t see what is to be gained by adding something else.

Latest posts