What not to say at work...

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave":nzwxf23h said:
Waco we could compare buckle bunny stories. Most of the others here don't understand one of the true benefits to riding rough stock. The money wasn't that good but the side benefits could be spectacular.
When I was cowboying for a living I had an old ratty carhart vest and a silver belly resistol that had seen better days and a pair of garcia spurs that I wore seven days a week. I called them my lucky hat/vest/spurs. A year or two after I got married my wife tried to throw away my lucky vest. She said I was stupid for believing in luck and I told her that while I don't believe in luck, every time I wore those three items to the bar after work I got lucky. :lol:

cow pollinater":37vz8gyk said:
Dave":37vz8gyk said:
Waco we could compare buckle bunny stories. Most of the others here don't understand one of the true benefits to riding rough stock. The money wasn't that good but the side benefits could be spectacular.
When I was cowboying for a living I had an old ratty carhart vest and a silver belly resistol that had seen better days and a pair of garcia spurs that I wore seven days a week. I called them my lucky hat/vest/spurs. A year or two after I got married my wife tried to throw away my lucky vest. She said I was stupid for believing in luck and I told her that while I don't believe in luck, every time I wore those three items to the bar after work I got lucky. :lol:

I was thinking about stories I could reply to this with but them I remembered this is a family forum.

Bucking machines in bars...... Impressing gals who have been drinking can have its benefits.

skyhightree1":2qfpuadn said:
wacocowboy":2qfpuadn said:
He should of just said "It's ok babe I already shot my limit for the month." Some people say stuff without thinking, or stuff sounds funnier in the brain, but not so much when it is spoken. When I was younger I had a few cops make very unprofessional jokes while they had me pulled ove. I had a female cop give me her personal number she had a thing for bull riders she was a true buckle bunny.

Tell me more about buckle bunnies :D

Not sure you boys are old enough to hear about buckle bunnies :lol2:

Dave":316pts3n said:
Bright Raven":316pts3n said:
Dave":316pts3n said:
When I first saw this thread I thought it was going to be just a generic list of things not to say at work. The fact is I think people are way too sensitive about what is said by others. I worked in the woods in the 70's, 80's and early 90's. During that time at one time or another I was called every name in the book by one boss or another. I also called bosses every name in the book to their face. I witnessed the same thing happen between others too many times to count. Sometimes it resulted in a person quitting or getting fired. On a couple very rare occasions it led to a fight. But most of the time it was met with a four letter reply and everyone went about their business. People didn't take offense. Today everyone takes offense at everything. Heck if you just kept your mouth shut and didn't say anything to make sure you didn't say the wrong thing they would be offended that you weren't talking.

Dave,
I bolded your statements above that seem to be contrary to your conclusions at least to some extent.

Personally, I think people today are cruder. My dad cussed like a sailor, but if any of us kids would have said the f-word, we would have gotten beaten with a strap (literally). Today, some of the stuff you hear coming from kids in the 6th grade, are concepts I didn't hear until the internet came out. Not a joke. I heard a friend's young boy say something to his sister about a year ago that if I had said to my sister, I would not only have been beaten by dad but my uncles would have had a crack at me.

I think that less than one percent of the time there was any action taken by either party. Fights were less than 0.001%. Loggers could teach lessons to sailor on how to cuss. I agree that people use language that would not have been acceptable years ago. I am talking about a boss or an employee tell the other what they thought of them as a person. And doing it in no uncertain language.

We might get life time bans if we post buckle bunny stories.

ALACOWMAN":2ddcdcmn said:
Your dad raised you,,most of these kids,in fact the majority..are raised by single parents..and most of the time by mothers,,who can't handle them. Lucky to get em raised to teens... Easier to let them have their way. And Gets worse with every generation.. Most parents ain't raised any different then they are, just a older version....

How did this go from a thread about a cop's saying "we only kill black people" to a thread in which we are blaming single mothers? Maybe I missed something and this cop was raised by a single mother??? In which case, surely this unprofessional behavior is equally the fault of his apparently-absentee (apparently white) dad?

boondocks":ygtwjovh said:
ALACOWMAN":ygtwjovh said:
Your dad raised you,,most of these kids,in fact the majority..are raised by single parents..and most of the time by mothers,,who can't handle them. Lucky to get em raised to teens... Easier to let them have their way. And Gets worse with every generation.. Most parents ain't raised any different then they are, just a older version....

How did this go from a thread about a cop's saying "we only kill black people" to a thread in which we are blaming single mothers? Maybe I missed something and this cop was raised by a single mother??? In which case, surely this unprofessional behavior is equally the fault of his apparently-absentee (apparently white) dad?
that was in responce to bright Ravens post. i didn't single out race...

ALACOWMAN":2883qv6l said:
boondocks":2883qv6l said:
ALACOWMAN":2883qv6l said:

that was in responce to bright Ravens post. i didn't single out race...

boondocks is starting to see ghosts. :hide:

Latest posts