Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Farmtrac

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
JD B
JD 620
IH H

These were my husbands dad favorite tractors and never went to auction when he retired. I am still amazed that after draft horses, he farmed these hills with these little things. The B we don't use much at all, the 620 is ok for raking, but the H is the one everyone fights over when it is raking time.

When we started we bought JD 4010 Diesel and put a loader on it, johnny gets used year round, and is my fav.

Then hubby bought an IH 1066, he does almost all of the field work with this.

We also have a MF35 Diesel which is used summer only.

His dream is a cab JD 8450 (or something like that) These number/letters on tractors is something I could never grasp, probably just never wanted to.

As long as it starts and runs good, I'm happy.

We have 2 Case, 3 John Deere, 3 cats, Massey Ferguson and some more scrap iron. We use ours to make the money to run cattle. They are not all used on the farm.

Two Kubotas.....9540 and 3240, neither with cabs. I also count my Ford F350 (4 wheel drive) flatbed dually a tractor since it gets used like one.

Wow... 59 votes, great response, thanks guys... :clap:

Keep 'em comin', give it a few more days and we will see what is the most popular tractor! :banana:

:cboy:

Shouldn't Ford and NewHolland have been on the same ballot. They're at a disadvantage since you couldn't buy a ford after 1995 (approximately) and you couldn't buy a NewHolland before 1995.

Subsoil":3t48vzjr said:
Shouldn't Ford and NewHolland have been on the same ballot. They're at a disadvantage since you couldn't buy a ford after 1995 (approximately) and you couldn't buy a NewHolland before 1995.

Thats the way with Case and International, the were separate untill about 1985. (both good tractors IMO)

3 deeres(4230 cab 2wd,2755 4wd loader,2550 2wd loader) 1 massey(165 2wc loader) 1 international(724 2wd) and a farmall H croprow

I sold my 5610 ford a few months ago, I'm looking at a 75hp John Deere 2750 . Its a nice clean tractor with low hours.

JD and 3 of them if youcount the lawn mower. The other two are a 6300 and a 1968 2020 with a front end loader.

Long 2460. Not my favorite brand of tractor, but bought it from neighbor lady down the road after her husband died. Tractor is a '92 model.

Calman":3xj944nl said:
...and an old 9n Ford.

Cal

Hey Cal, :tiphat:

Do you use that old 9n? We had one that just sat behind the barn for years, finally sold it to a tractor restorer and he hauled it off. We always had problems w/ the 3-point, drifting all over the place.
We don't have to worry about that now, w/ this '06 tractor we have, see link below. :banana:
Ours has the loader too. :banana:

http://www.deere.com/en_US/ProductC..._05_series.html?link=from_ho_ut_category_page

TexasBoy":v00shn6k said:
Calman":v00shn6k said:
...and an old 9n Ford.

Cal

Hey Cal, :tiphat:

Do you use that old 9n? We had one that just sat behind the barn for years, finally sold it to a tractor restorer and he hauled it off. We always had problems w/ the 3-point, drifting all over the place.
We don't have to worry about that now, w/ this '06 tractor we have, see link below. :banana:
Ours has the loader too. :banana:

http://www.deere.com/en_US/ProductC..._05_series.html?link=from_ho_ut_category_page

We do use the old 9n. have a 48in mower deck hooked up and use it to mow a small pecan orchard.
It runs like a top.

Cal

o and also a Ford 8n. It was my granddads first tractor and we are getting ready to restore it.

I would like a kubota, but I dunno if I could pull myself away from New Holland/Ford. Anybody got opinions?

Latest posts