What is Your Brand

Help Support CattleToday:

BlackBaldyMan":30r8xu9g said:
Well, I am trying to figure one out but havent been able to yet, maybe you guys can help. Our ranch name is Riverbend Ranch, when we tattoe the registerd cattle we put RB then a number so I am trying to figure out a brand with R and B in it? :cboy: If I get one figured out I will let you know Razorbackred ;-)

http://www.riverbendranch.us :?:

Picture_093.jpg

FC on right hip

milkmaid":3cmut6oq said:
BlackBaldyMan":3cmut6oq said:
Well, I am trying to figure one out but havent been able to yet, maybe you guys can help. Our ranch name is Riverbend Ranch, when we tattoe the registerd cattle we put RB then a number so I am trying to figure out a brand with R and B in it? :cboy: If I get one figured out I will let you know Razorbackred ;-)

http://www.riverbendranch.us :?:

Haha, guess its a pretty popular ranch name...

my personal brand (not the ranch I work for) is on the left rib:

CL

Ryan

BlackBaldyMan":2y215dnx said:
RazorbackRed":2y215dnx said:
Just for Fun!

Baldy, you want to be careful using closed letters like the R and B. They tend to burn out completely.

Edit; At least this is the case with hot branding. Maybe not a freeze brand.

warpaint":1zrjid8g said:
I stand corrected, miles. Maybe I should have added when I'm doing the branding they tend to burn. :oops:

I didn't post that to prove you wrong, just showing our brand. Our vet does the branding when he does the Bangs vac. and a couple did get illegible. My grandfather's brand was two B's back to back but I never saw the brand on a cow since he was out of the business long before I came into the world. My great grandpa's brand was HvB with the v set inside the H. How they kept that from burning into a blob I don't know.

BlackBaldyMan":3hcjb567 said:
RazorbackRed":3hcjb567 said:
Just for Fun!

You'll want to check with the Dept of Livestock or brand office - they may be able to tell you what is available in your area - there may not be anything with those letters available. C, D, circles, diamonds are also notorious for blotching. I have seen M & W blotched out completely too. There are usually vents built into brands for a reason...

Our brand is KOP on the rr for cattle, rs for horses - sure slowed the rustlers down years ago...can't miss that...

My brand is x standing diamond - an x with a diamond extending off the upper right arm.

Latest posts