what is/was/going to be the midlife crisis?

Help Support CattleToday:

certherfbeef

Reaction score
Some folks uproot their families, some folks make an insane purchase, some folks go loony and some folks blane it on menopause.

I'm not to the "mid" point in my life (I hope) so I have a few years to ponder. I was wondering what everyone caught themselves doing as they teatered on the top of the hill. What did you do to make you think you were still on the UP part of the hill?

-Brother in law got a diviorce and a harley...maybe not in that order but it still happened.
-Sis in law had a baby.
-Mom and Dad sold the cows and got town jobs.
-Hubby has been looking at those minny nitro pulling trucks...neat toy by the way!

Me...I fancy the 1967 Shelby Mustangs. The GT-500. I always wanted one. Maybe that'll be my insane purchase.

backhoeboogie":2xp6aetw said:
I bought a facny computer and started reading the Cattle Forum.

I bet that threw your life into an uncontrollable, downward spiral!!!

certherfbeef":309r3j3a said:
backhoeboogie":309r3j3a said:
I bought a facny computer and started reading the Cattle Forum.

I bet that threw your life into an uncontrollable, downward spiral!!!
:D :D :D Atleast it is air conditioned in here! 40 plus days of triple digit temperatures and no rain will drive you to do crazy things. Central Texas is now a desert. It is flooding in El Paso. Go figure!

Hope its not a mid-life crisis (waaaaaaay to early for that yet) but last fall i bought me a brand new truck, and this spring bought me a handful of cows for myself. I think I'd go with the Shelby, too. Thats a good choice.

Ryan

certherfbeef":2g2qmthb said:
Me...I fancy the 1967 Shelby Mustangs. The GT-500. I always wanted one. Maybe that'll be my insane purchase.

I never knew you were a millionaire! :lol: :lol: :lol:

My first car was a 67 GTO. If I was smarter I would have listened to my Dad and bought a pick up. Funny how the older we get, the smarter our parents were.

cfpinz

cfpinz":2sc7hotc said:
certherfbeef":2sc7hotc said:

I never knew you were a millionaire! :lol: :lol: :lol:

HeHe, never said I wanted it to run when I got it!!!
I like to tinker.
Maybe if I started now, I could drive it for me mid life crisis.

You know...one piece at a time :D

I saw a picture of a 65 Shelby 300 I think it was, restored...origional sheat metal, $235,000. She sure looked good.

Hubby says he'll buy me one...made by hotwheels or ertle, any color I want. :D

I spent my life savings on a Cattle Ranch, Cattle, and Ranch Equipment. Best move I ever made. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes to spend their time outdoors in the country. I really believe this will help me live longer...as I now get plenty of HOT, SWEATY WORKOUTS a week just keepin up with what needs done.

I'm into my 50's and haven't done anything out of the ordinary yet. Except spend too much time on the computer. Guess I'm an old bore, but at least I'm a contented old bore. ;-)

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":5kuwjly3 said:
Bought a classic Corvette,joined a local Vette club then sold that and everything else we owned to move to Texas and raise cattle. Wife wouldn't let me have a Harley.

My husband bought a 68 vette roadster with a big block motor when he turned 40. Ran around with his club buddies for a while, wrecked the car, and now has a motorcycle. Yamaha V Star. Wants a bigger one, but I have to say no sometime.

Me, I quit my job and sat around for almost 10 months thinking about how to re-invent myself.

VanC":26v46j8u said:
I'm into my 50's and haven't done anything out of the ordinary yet. Except spend too much time on the computer. Guess I'm an old bore, but at least I'm a contented old bore. ;-)

Well....that's somethin'...

Alice

john250":gg3y8qtm said:

Hey John, Thanks for the link. While I like the looks of that '07 I really fancy this '67:
car17.GIF

Or one painted like this:
1967%20GT%20500%20Shelby%20Mustang%20(1).jpg

My wife wants a new Mustang conv so bad ....

Is 40 mid life?

I havn't reached mid life yet I'm only 65. 8) 8) When I reach mid life I will probably go back in the dairy business. NOT.

Wewild":1oiv3fvf said:
My wife wants a new Mustang conv so bad ....

Is 40 mid life?

I've known people who hit their 'mid-life' crisis at 40. I also know a few who hit it at 35, and many who never hit it at all. :lol: :lol:

Latest posts