what is/was/going to be the midlife crisis?

Help Support CattleToday:

cypressfarms":39q2zija said:
The goat that CF was referring to likely had a 389, possibly triple dueces, but you could take him with the '67 Shelby.

Not a Mustang fan at all ;-)

Nope, 400, 4bbl, 4sp! '66 was the last year for the 389. Mine is Marina Blue with the black interior. Still parked in the garage at my parent's farm, don't have a garage here. I ought to sell it but I haven't yet, keeping it in case I have a mid-life crisis and also as an insurance policy, if I ever need the money bad enough it can go.

As far as that '67 Shelby, bring it on! 8)

cfpinz

chrisy":ocujvsts said:
aplusmnt":ocujvsts said:
chrisy":ocujvsts said:
Thinking of another motorcycle though now at 42 my 8 year old rides Motocross and would like to ride with him.

I think I will slide through this midlife living through my children, let them have the muscle cars and motorcycles etc....

shouldn't live your life through your children, they have theirs you have yours, and seems like you do.

My Son used to be in a Motorbike display team, went all over the world with them, he is now to old, at 17, His Dad is just getting him into a Motorcross team, but my Husband says his days on a motorbike are over now thank God, he has had two really nasty accidents on them not so long ago. He tells me three near death experiances are enough. one was something else.

My kids like all the same things I do. So instead of me spending the time and money to fix myself up a Muscle Car I will do so with and for my children.

Hard to have to much of a midlife crisis, with three active kids. To much time and money is spent on them.

SORRY< wasn't being a critic, or mean it to sound bad, It's great to do things with the Children and yes there is no time for midlife crisis with any amount of children.

No problem, I was just thinking maybe you was confusing my comment of living through my children with pushing them into things I want or want them to do like playing basketball because I never played it but love the game......when what I meant was I would just get them the toys that some midlife crisis people get like fast cars and then I would play with them when they are not looking ;-) :lol:

dun":1f0n4uyd said:
Tod Dague":1f0n4uyd said:
certherfbeef":1f0n4uyd said:
Me...I fancy the 1967 Shelby Mustangs. The GT-500. I always wanted one. Maybe that'll be my insane purchase.
You just keep getting better all the time.

That's one of the 3 greatest production type cars. The Lamborghini Miura, the Shelby GT500 and the Ford GT (GT-40). After that comes pickup trucks.

dun

I don't know dun, I'd have to add any of the the 427 vettes and also the LS6 Chevelle's in '70 also. The chevelle's aren't quite as easy on the eyes but they would flat haul the mail. 8)

Sorry boys and girls, I'm not a ford man. More like a "anything but a ford" man. ;-) ;-)

I almost forgot to answer the original question. Cert, I think to rebel against the world, you should sell all of your cows except your 517 daughter and go buy up all of the Feltons based cows you can find. That would show everybody you're not in a rut. :p

El_Putzo":1tb630sm said:
dun":1tb630sm said:
Tod Dague":1tb630sm said:
certherfbeef":1tb630sm said:
Me...I fancy the 1967 Shelby Mustangs. The GT-500. I always wanted one. Maybe that'll be my insane purchase.
You just keep getting better all the time.

That's one of the 3 greatest production type cars. The Lamborghini Miura, the Shelby GT500 and the Ford GT (GT-40). After that comes pickup trucks.

dun

I don't know dun, I'd have to add any of the the 427 vettes and also the LS6 Chevelle's in '70 also. The chevelle's aren't quite as easy on the eyes but they would flat haul the mail. 8)

Sorry boys and girls, I'm not a ford man. More like a "anything but a ford" man. ;-) ;-)

If we are throwing out great past cars, I have to vote for a Big block Camaro 68 or 69. Or a 73 Porsche RS.

No mid-life crisis, but I've always wanted a bright red 1963 Corvette Sting Ray, or perhaps the 1967 Sting Ray with the really hot 427". And I'd sure like to be able to drive around in the country in a beautifully restored Deusenberg or Cord.

I'm 63,gonna buy a horse soon as I get the fence fixed..gonna send my son thro the roof!!:) Don't care,I'm old enough to do what I want

peg4x4":3uzs0imx said:
I'm 63,gonna buy a horse soon as I get the fence fixed..gonna send my son thro the roof!!:) Don't care,I'm old enough to do what I want

Yes mam, you are. Enjoy!

Alice

Lammie":33i9rg3o said:
I think the mid-life thing sets in for men when they reach a point in life when their kids are grown or almost, or when they become grandpas, and they look back on their lives and think , "what have I gotten accomplished?"

That was what my dad said. He didn't do this till he was 58, when I graduated high school. So I think it was a point in life, rather than a physical age.

Lammie - I think you are onto something here...my husband is 38, we have 4 great kids, the youngest just turned 3. He bothers me every day with "let's have another kid". He is a great man and dad, and just as everyone who has kids knows that they are expensive. I love kids too, I just kind of thought we were done, so I said if we can afford another, I'll be going over to the local ford dealer to park a brand new Mustang in my garage..... and give him the payment book :D I had a '67 in my younger wilder days, and I miss it ( the car, not so much those days)

He is seriously thinking about it! So with your thinking, maybe he just wants to keep having kids around so he never hits the crisis!

:lol: Bought show heifers for the niece, never, ever thought I would be in the show cattle business ( have shown horses for
30 plus years) :shock:

The biggest problem is you don;t know when "midlife" is. So you might as well live hard and leave a worn out husk. The downside to that is when you get older you keep saying, "If I'ld known I was going to live this long I'ld have taken better care of myself".

dun

Latest posts