what is/was/going to be the midlife crisis?

Help Support CattleToday:

msscamp":20sjdk98 said:
Wewild":20sjdk98 said:
My wife wants a new Mustang conv so bad ....

Is 40 mid life?

I've known people who hit their 'mid-life' crisis at 40. I also know a few who hit it at 35, and many who never hit it at all. :lol: :lol:

I think I'll buy her one. She deserves it for putting up with me for 19 years when October rolls around.

Wewild":3jsfh5qd said:
msscamp":3jsfh5qd said:
Wewild":3jsfh5qd said:
My wife wants a new Mustang conv so bad ....

Is 40 mid life?

I've known people who hit their 'mid-life' crisis at 40. I also know a few who hit it at 35, and many who never hit it at all. :lol: :lol:

I think I'll buy her one. She deserves it for putting up with me for 19 years when October rolls around.

Although I have a hard time believing you are that hard to put up with - good for you! :)

It was the first car her mother had that she can recall (1965) and the first car she every bought (1981).

Wewild":3brmldf0 said:
It was the first car her mother had that she can recall (1965) and the first car she every bought (1981).

That makes it even more special! ;-)

Hey Cert,

If your gonna get a '67 Shelby GT500, make it one with a 427. The only year ever that a 427 was put in a Mustang or Shelby. No beating around the bush, it is a beast.

The '65 you were referring to is a GT350. Shelby made GT350's and GT500's. The early 350's had 289's and the later had 302's.

The goat that CF was referring to likely had a 389, possibly triple dueces, but you could take him with the '67 Shelby.

Not a Mustang fan at all ;-)

Lammie":1jlt949r said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":1jlt949r said:
Bought a classic Corvette,joined a local Vette club then sold that and everything else we owned to move to Texas and raise cattle. Wife wouldn't let me have a Harley.

My husband bought a 68 vette roadster with a big block motor when he turned 40. Ran around with his club buddies for a while, wrecked the car, and now has a motorcycle. Yamaha V Star. Wants a bigger one, but I have to say no sometime.

Me, I quit my job and sat around for almost 10 months thinking about how to re-invent myself.
when I was 38 I had a pretty fair sized hog operation--phoned up the banker and told him he could feed these pigs (if he knew so much)---AND THEN I RAN OFF WITH THE NIEGHBOURS DAUGHTER--- CREATED A TERRIBLE SCANDEL.the nieghbours have all long ago forgiven me .Besides they like the nieghbours daughter better than the ex any way--

certherfbeef":3k9q2aot said:
Me...I fancy the 1967 Shelby Mustangs. The GT-500. I always wanted one. Maybe that'll be my insane purchase.
You just keep getting better all the time.

Carlos D.":1qsi01lc said:
when I was 38 I had a pretty fair sized hog operation--phoned up the banker and told him he could feed these pigs (if he knew so much)---AND THEN I RAN OFF WITH THE NIEGHBOURS DAUGHTER--- CREATED A TERRIBLE SCANDEL.the nieghbours have all long ago forgiven me .Besides they like the nieghbours daughter better than the ex any way--

:eek: :shock: Well Carlos, no body can ever blame you for doing anything half way. Man, you go for the gold, don't ya'!

I"ll bet you WERE the talk of the town! It obviously worked out well for you... :)

Alice

Tod Dague":u9njdq7z said:
certherfbeef":u9njdq7z said:
Me...I fancy the 1967 Shelby Mustangs. The GT-500. I always wanted one. Maybe that'll be my insane purchase.

That's one of the 3 greatest production type cars. The Lamborghini Miura, the Shelby GT500 and the Ford GT (GT-40). After that comes pickup trucks.

dun

Carlos D.":d6v5ckdv said:
Lammie":d6v5ckdv said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":d6v5ckdv said:
Bought a classic Corvette,joined a local Vette club then sold that and everything else we owned to move to Texas and raise cattle. Wife wouldn't let me have a Harley.

My husband bought a 68 vette roadster with a big block motor when he turned 40. Ran around with his club buddies for a while, wrecked the car, and now has a motorcycle. Yamaha V Star. Wants a bigger one, but I have to say no sometime.

Me, I quit my job and sat around for almost 10 months thinking about how to re-invent myself.

I failed to mention that along with the corvette came a divorce to the woman he was married to at the time. He, too ran off with some woman 12 years younger than he was, that he knew at work. That lasted about a year, as they had nothing in common. He made the money and she spent it, fast. It was pretty scandelous.

I think he was over that by the time we met. He was 45. He did wreck the vette with me in tow. On our second date. Round and round and into a ditch. Does terrible things to fiberglass! He could have fixed it, but traded it to the guy down the road for a '70 model GMC short bed with another big block engine and spend about 5 grand restoring it. Looked good, turned heads. Got about 8 miles to the gallon. Not an everyday driver! Traded it for the motorcycle, which I refuse to ride in this weather.

Not sure if I have started mid life crisis or have been in one most of my life.

Always been like Ricky Bobby want to go fast. Had muscle cars, Motorcycles and Ski boats most of life. But at 35 decided to buy a 911 Porsche, me and wife joined Porsche Club and was doing Autocross racing. At same time bought me and son dirt bikes and started racing motocross for first time at 35.

Sold most all the toys and bought farm few years ago.

Now at 42 have got a 70 Chevelle that I am fixing up for my 8 year old son, and 65 Mustang that I bought for my wife, she drove for past 5 years but has now gave it to my 10 year old daughter so we are restoring it for her.

Thinking of another motorcycle though now at 42 my 8 year old rides Motocross and would like to ride with him.

I think I will slide through this midlife living through my children, let them have the muscle cars and motorcycles etc....

aplusmnt":cvw4q8po said:
Not sure if I have started mid life crisis or have been in one most of my life.

Always been like Ricky Bobby want to go fast. Had muscle cars, Motorcycles and Ski boats most of life. But at 35 decided to buy a 911 Porsche, me and wife joined Porsche Club and was doing Autocross racing. At same time bought me and son dirt bikes and started racing motocross for first time at 35.

Sold most all the toys and bought farm few years ago.

Now at 42 have got a 70 Chevelle that I am fixing up for my 8 year old son, and 65 Mustang that I bought for my wife, she drove for past 5 years but has now gave it to my 10 year old daughter so we are restoring it for her.

Thinking of another motorcycle though now at 42 my 8 year old rides Motocross and would like to ride with him.

I think I will slide through this midlife living through my children, let them have the muscle cars and motorcycles etc....

I think the mid-life thing sets in for men when they reach a point in life when their kids are grown or almost, or when they become grandpas, and they look back on their lives and think , "what have I gotten accomplished?"

That was what my dad said. He didn't do this till he was 58, when I graduated high school. So I think it was a point in life, rather than a physical age. I have a friend whose husband went through it when he was 34. But he'd had kids when he was 14, (!) and was getting to be a grand dad. Came home with a motorcycle one day and it was down hill from there.

My husband's like you and always liked fast cars, motorcycles and something to restore.

My wife says I can't buy, anything during my midlife crisis, by the way it's a long way off I hope, because I bought a new tractor and some new hay equipment this year and I'm getting ready to put up a new building for hay/equipmet so she told me I already spent it.

Herefordcross":3lj107rn said:
My wife says I can't buy, anything during my midlife crisis, by the way it's a long way off I hope, because I bought a new tractor and some new hay equipment this year and I'm getting ready to put up a new building for hay/equipmet so she told me I already spent it.

Your wife is a smart woman...I'm telling Van he's just not allowed to have a midlife crisis...of any kind. And when I do, I can only imagine his response...maybe I'll think about that for awhile.

Alice

dun":1x83tmq7 said:
Tod Dague":1x83tmq7 said:
certherfbeef":1x83tmq7 said:

That's one of the 3 greatest production type cars. The Lamborghini Miura, the Shelby GT500 and the Ford GT (GT-40). After that comes pickup trucks.

dun

I can't eliminate any of your choices, but ya gotta find room in there for the Shelby Cobra 427. Verifiable originals bring enough to start a ranch. With board fence and servants quarters. Alleged to go 0-100-0 in 10 seconds.

[/quote]

shouldn't live your life through your children, they have theirs you have yours, and seems like you do.

My Son used to be in a Motorbike display team, went all over the world with them, he is now to old, at 17, His Dad is just getting him into a Motorcross team, but my Husband says his days on a motorbike are over now thank God, he has had two really nasty accidents on them not so long ago. He tells me three near death experiances are enough. one was something else.

chrisy":15ewk0fv said:

shouldn't live your life through your children, they have theirs you have yours, and seems like you do.

My Son used to be in a Motorbike display team, went all over the world with them, he is now to old, at 17, His Dad is just getting him into a Motorcross team, but my Husband says his days on a motorbike are over now thank God, he has had two really nasty accidents on them not so long ago. He tells me three near death experiances are enough. one was something else.

My kids like all the same things I do. So instead of me spending the time and money to fix myself up a Muscle Car I will do so with and for my children.

Hard to have to much of a midlife crisis, with three active kids. To much time and money is spent on them.

aplusmnt":3hw0tbxx said:
chrisy":3hw0tbxx said:

My kids like all the same things I do. So instead of me spending the time and money to fix myself up a Muscle Car I will do so with and for my children.

Hard to have to much of a midlife crisis, with three active kids. To much time and money is spent on them.

SORRY< wasn't being a critic, or mean it to sound bad, It's great to do things with the Children and yes there is no time for midlife crisis with any amount of children.

Latest posts