solar eclipse April 8. This town is going nuts over it.

Help Support CattleToday:

If shadows could kill, pretty sure Fence and I would both be dead...
The Hpacres440P member up at McGregor too. (he's between Temple and Gatesville. Pretty close to ground zero.
(which is what we'll also be... if the Rooskies or Chicoms ever nuke Fort Hood)

total.jpg

(Notice the closer it gets to the NE USA, the faster it's moving?. Nearly doubles it's speed. Even the moon's shadow don't want to be there any longer than absolutely necessary)
;)😛😄

If shadows could kill, pretty sure Fence and I would both be dead...
The Hpacres440P member up at McGregor too. (he's between Temple and Gatesville. Pretty close to ground zero.
(which is what we'll also be... if the Rooskies or Chicoms ever nuke Fort Hood)

View attachment 42088

(Notice the closer it gets to the NE USA, the faster it's moving?. Nearly doubles it's speed. Even the moon's shadow don't want to be there any longer than absolutely necessary)
;)😛😄
It is an amazing event. I'm excited for it.

I'm trying to layout a game plan in my mind so when all the kids and grandkids show up, we have a rock picking party the day before. I got several strategy's tumbling around in my mind, none of them are free, but they are teetering on the borderline.

Something else to be aware of. During this same time period, there will be a comet called Pons-Brooks (or The Horned Comet) that will be near the sun during eclipse totality. 'Should' be visible with binoculars in the darkened sky and maybe even be visible to naked eye if an out burst of gas and ice takes place.

Devil Comet cometh

:ROFLMAO: One of my younger employees said his wife has been talking about a third child, and half jokingly suggested they conceive during the eclipse. He told her he didn't want to miss the eclipse, so wanted to be on bottom. She said "the eclipse is 4 minutes and 18 seconds........you'll get to see the last 4 minutes no matter what position":LOL:

The longish range forecast is suggesting cloud cover in our area.
My wife just asked me "what are we gonna do!?! I'm still learning her. Although I can hang the moon, I can't change the weather.
So, I told her when it gets dark, I'll chase her around just like every night; for about four minutes.
I'm still contemplating the disappointment in her eyes.

Kids got glasses for the eclipse from the school. My daughter is concerned that the cows will be looking at the eclipse with no eye protection.
Kids think of the darndest things. If I were you, I'd consider this a very special moment and outfit the cows with proper viewing glasses. Post pictures here!

We are in the path totality. It was pretty uneventful here today as far as traffic and out of towners go. I'm working a long stretch of 12 hr night shifts so slept through it but the wife said it was pretty cool to watch, way better than she expected.

I didn't bother taking pictures. I had a gaggle of family and friend around me and they were all buried in their phone cameras. All of them yapping, all the time. Comparing notes on how to take pictures, out loud; "loud" being the operative word.
It was awesome. I think the most beautiful thing I've ever seen that didn't have a crotch. It is etched into my brain.

It was real cloudy here.... looked like a "dark storm cloud" was coming through... so got a little darker but not much else to report on it. Thanks for the pics... another member on another forum I go on posted some real neat ones...