What is everyone's choice breed?

Help Support CattleToday:

What is your choice breed?

• Angus and/or Angusx (include red as w/ all)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Charolais and/or Charolaisx

• Brahman and/or influenced (Brangus, Simbrah,etc.)

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Herefored and/or x

• Limousin and/or x

• Maine-Anjou and/or x

• Shorthorn and/or x

• Simmental and/or x

• Longhorn and/or x

• other...

• Total voters
Ruby --- good ole Caustic could have kept on fooling us about his apparent dislike for Bramers, but then you went and posted that picture of pumpkin pie as your avatar a little after Thanksgiving. More than he could resist, and that set him on the straight and narrow path (along with your sweet talking), so now the world knows there is one more cattleman out there with some real ears in the pasture. :lol:

cherokeeruby":evxryzfc said:
So it appears, Brahman and Brahman influence is still leading in the poll too. Who'd thunk.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

It's my impression that this board is mostly southern producers? Post this same poll at the ranchers.net site and you might get very different results.

Frankie":1l2wz8ow said:
cherokeeruby":1l2wz8ow said:
So it appears, Brahman and Brahman influence is still leading in the poll too. Who'd thunk.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

It's my impression that this board is mostly southern producers? Post this same poll at the ranchers.net site and you might get very different results.
And your point?

Campground Cattle":phbcamth said:
cherokeeruby":phbcamth said:
What in the heck is Wampuskitty?

:dunce:

Mythical creature that was half woman half mountain lion that roamed the smokey mtns preying on livestock.

Wampus "cat" (Eastern and central states, and the Great Lakes region NA): These creatures are usually described as "bipedal black pantheres", looking like a cross between a human and a panther.

Is this any relation to a "snipe"?

the snipe is not mythical.
snipe.jpg

My kin would have me to have believed otherwise--thank you! Why did they always want to take me out so late at night to hunt them? Them kids must have been sneaking oof to drink booze and wanted to leave the little uns behind!

Twilight is the best time to hunt snipe. they roost on the ground in marshes. maybe they didnt have enough burlap sacks to go around...

Beefy":3m0wopvn said:
Twilight is the best time to hunt snipe. they roost on the ground in marshes. maybe they didnt have enough burlap sacks to go around...

Beefy, the nature of your comments tells me you know the real nature of snipe hunting. ;-)

Your new avatar is noted. :lol:

I like the British Breeds as well. In order of preferance here are my top choices

1 Shorthorn x Angus or Hereford
2 Angus x Hereford
3 Shorthorn
4 Angus
5 Hereford

Chi all the way. Even though they're nowadays there's more Angus in them than anything else. But I would so much rather have a Chiangus than an Angus.............

But I do prefer Chimaines to Chiangus

1. Simmental
2. Angus (black and red)
3. Hereford

These here are mostly from crosses, a few "purebred" thrown in, and mostly from experience with those who are pretty docile compared to others of the same breed.

J Baxter":owro4hz9 said:
My lines fall right there with LA4 except I would probably edge the brangus over the angus...too close to call and I agree 100% with Caustic...I don't have any use for those buckethead charolais.

JB
I would like to seek a "Point of Information" or a "Point of Order" on this on-going discussion regarding the Charolais Breed. What percentage of discount does the "Pallet Head" or "Bucket Head" phenotypic characteristic influence have in the final analysis of marketing terminal Charolais feeders? Another way of expressing my question would be - How many dollars are lost by the producer as a result of marketing a load of "pallet heads" as opposed to what "non-pallet heads", weighing and grading exactly the same, would bring?

According to the percentage of crossbreeding, could they be classified as "Sledge Hammer Heads" or "Tack Hammer Heads"?

Just curious.

DOC HARRIS

Latest posts