What is a fender skirt

Help Support CattleToday:

A fender skirt was intalled on a car to fill the wheel opening on the rear wheels of a car. They snapped in place with pins and a lever. It was to make the car look more stream lined.

Lammie":3f17tagh said:
Angus Guy":3f17tagh said:
Creasers are a metal contraption that you put in the legs of your jeans to make a sharp crease in the front and back of the legs. Made ironing them much easier.

Hey! I remember those! Mom had two sets of them that she used on Dad's jeans. I have had times when I wished I had a couple of sets.

Lammie,

My wife has two sets that she uses on mine now. Work like a charm. She got them from the Vermont Country Store. They call them "Pant Stretchers". Check out the website.

JD

http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/shop ... d=creasers

Dun, my wife and I both got our arms caught in the rollers on the old wringer washing machines when we were kids (No, we didn't know each other back then and no, I didn't marry my sister :shock: ).

I remember my grandaddy calling the glove compartment in his pick-up truck a "Booger Box" and he used to call his front porch a "Pie-is-ard". At least that's the way it was pronounced, sure don't know about the spelling? :?:

I remember my mother getting "Green Stamps" at the grocery store that she pasted in a book and then traded in at the Green Stamp store for merchandise. Kids today wouldn't take the time to put them in a book.

I wish we could find one of those old washing machines in decent working order. I have several friends that have them and use them to wash horse blankets , leg wraps and other stuff you don't want to put in your good machine. Used to take them to the landramat until they caught us at it and made a fuss.Z

Dun
You and LA might be the only ones on this board to remember rumble seats. :D :D

Now does anybody know where granny gear went?

MillIronQH":3rgfx3ic said:
I wish we could find one of those old washing machines in decent working order. I have several friends that have them and use them to wash horse blankets , leg wraps and other stuff you don't want to put in your good machine. Used to take them to the landramat until they caught us at it and made a fuss.Z

Go to this website. http://www.lehmans.com/ They sell a lot of things to the Amish. You can still buy a new wringer washing machine, they also sell reconditioned maytag wringer machines.

Now does anybody know where granny gear went?

That's about the only gear I can use now when I ride!! That's what happens when you become a Grandpa.

hurleyjd":5xk0blq9 said:
Go to this website. http://www.lehmans.com/ They sell a lot of things to the Amish. You can still buy a new wringer washing machine, they also sell reconditioned maytag wringer machines.
They sell lots of stuff for the farm and home that hasn't been seen in many a year. Old Washing Machines, wood burning stoves, coal oil lanterns,. Mostly non electric stuff. I just received a new catalog last week. About 170 pages.

Latest posts