What gender is the Computer?

Help Support CattleToday:

chrisy

Reaction score
A SPANISH Teacher was explaining to her class that in Spanish, unlike English, nouns are designated as either masculine or feminine.

'House' for instance, is feminine: 'la casa.'
'Pencil,' however, is masculine: 'el lapiz.'

A student asked, 'What gender is 'computer'?'

Instead of giving the answer, the teacher split the class into two
groups, male and female, and asked them to decide for themselves whether computer' should be a masculine or a feminine noun. Each group was asked to give four reasons for its recommendation.

The men's group decided that 'computer' should definitely be of the feminine gender ('la computadora'), because:

1. No one but their creator understands their internal logic;

2. The native language they use to communicate with other computers is incomprehensible to everyone else;

3. Even the smallest mistakes are stored in long term memory for possible later retrieval; and

4. As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself
spending half your paycheck on accessories for it.

(THIS GETS BETTER!)

The women's group, however, concluded that computers should be Masculine ('el computador'), because:

1. In order to do anything with them, you have to turn them on;

2. They have a lot of data but still can't think for themselves;

3. They are supposed to help you solve problems, but half the time they ARE the problem; and

4. As soon as you commit to one, you realize that if you had waited a little longer, you could have gotten a better model.

The women won.

Send this to all the smart women you know...and all the men that have a sense of humor.

My first thought was "male" 'cause it never never does what I want it to do and always has a good excuse.

peg4x4":ejnfdl4y said:
My first thought was "male" 'cause it never never does what I want it to do and always has a good excuse.

Isn't that because many times the input commands are so many at once that the "male" computer doesn't know which command to obey first? :?:

HerefordSire":1487rfsz said:
chrisy":1487rfsz said:
Send this to all the smart women you know...and all the men that have a sense of humor.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

What is your email address chrisy? :oops:

Is this your web site? :p

http://www.there_are_no_smart_men.com
Well HS that would be telling, but I do know a few smart men and also a few more smart mouthed men... :banana:

chrisy":35nlwmt9 said:
HerefordSire":35nlwmt9 said:
chrisy":35nlwmt9 said:

http://www.there_are_no_smart_men.com
Well HS that would be telling, but I do know a few smart men and also a few more smart mouthed men... :banana:

You want me to send you an email and now you don't. I wish you would make your mind up. :p

http://www.there_are_no_smart_men.com[/quote]
Well HS that would be telling, but I do know a few smart men and also a few more smart mouthed men... :banana:[/quote]

You want me to send you an email and now you don't. I wish you would make your mind up. :p[/quote]
sorry I had a blond moment, yes a smart blond it would seem, I didn't get what you were saying before, on reading your quote from me I understand, thank you kind sir for thinking of me as a smart woman.. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

chrisy":ekzsu1h0 said:
sorry I had a blond moment, yes a smart blond it would seem, I didn't get what you were saying before, on reading your quote from me I understand, thank you kind sir for thinking of me as a smart woman.. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

:secret: :secret: :secret:

HerefordSire":1c1kr6rk said:
chrisy":1c1kr6rk said:

:secret: :secret: :secret:
SmileyDiversen18.gif
:lol2: :lol2:

Latest posts