what do you pay for good round bales of quality bermuda hay

Help Support CattleToday:

msscamp":1f2dbe04 said:
I'm not trying to hi-jack the thread, but what does an average round bale weigh?
Mine 1100-1300 lbs 5X6's

dj":3fj0h9k6 said:
msscamp":3fj0h9k6 said:
I'm not trying to hi-jack the thread, but what does an average round bale weigh?
Mine 1100-1300 lbs 5X6's

5X6 isn't a 'round' bale, is it? Wouldn't a round bale be the same in diameter for any direction?

msscamp":3w2dj2sz said:
dj":3w2dj2sz said:
msscamp":3w2dj2sz said:
Mine 1100-1300 lbs 5X6's

5X6 isn't a 'round' bale, is it? Wouldn't a round bale be the same in diameter for any direction?

:D :D :D :D

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Never heard it put quite that way.

Bez!

Bez!":1lyef9qm said:
msscamp":1lyef9qm said:
dj":1lyef9qm said:
msscamp":1lyef9qm said:
Mine 1100-1300 lbs 5X6's

:D :D :D :D

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Never heard it put quite that way.

Bez!

Smarty pants! :p :p

ms scamp I must admit after a short time they are no longer round. :lol: But easy on the calves and smooth mouths.
They are 6ft round but only 5ft deep.
I kinda feel like I talking to that lady about the storm windows that paid for themselves here. Anyway I go I'm going to lose.
They aren't completely round. Flat on two sides.
So a 4x5 is 5ft around and 4ft deep, 4x6 is 6ft around and 4 deep etc.
The people that do it for real are going big squares now. But they aren't really square. I don't think. But to tell the truth my gray matter feels a little muddled right now.

dj":2hzf55bd said:
ms scamp I must admit after a short time they are no longer round. :lol: But easy on the calves and smooth mouths.
They are 6ft round but only 5ft deep.
I kinda feel like I talking to that lady about the storm windows that paid for themselves here. Anyway I go I'm going to lose.
They aren't completely round. Flat on two sides.
So a 4x5 is 5ft around and 4ft deep, 4x6 is 6ft around and 4 deep etc.
The people that do it for real are going big squares now. But they aren't really square. I don't think. But to tell the truth my gray matter feels a little muddled right now.

Sorry to muddle your gray matter, dj, it wasn't my intent. :oops: Round bales are not something that is done up here, hence my confusion. Most bales up here are either small squares (for the horse people), 3X3's (also for the horse people, but sometimes for the cattle people), or 5X6's (sometimes for the horse people, but usually for the cattle people). Any round bales I've seen were usually round, but I have no idea how long it had been since they were baled so that also added to my confusion. I'll just bow out of this thread, now. Thanks for the input everyone!

The are round like a tootsie roll is round not round like a ball. Around here the most common size it 5X5 but they may be 3X4, 4X5, 5X4, 6X4, 4X6, 5X6, 6X5, 6X6. The first dimension generally refers to diameter, the second to length

dun

dun":31uyfmoj said:
The are round like a tootsie roll is round not round like a ball. Around here the most common size it 5X5 but they may be 3X4, 4X5, 5X4, 6X4, 4X6, 5X6, 6X5, 6X6. The first dimension generally refers to diameter, the second to length
dun

see msscamp I tol ya exactly bassackwards

dj":1hqf6cbc said:
dun":1hqf6cbc said:
dun

Maybe way out west where you are dj the call them different.

dun

dj":1dh1m016 said:
dun":1dh1m016 said:
dun

No problem, dj! Thanks Dun!

Latest posts